Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2014, 06:28 AM   #1

Lenses from Slovakia lost?

Following others here in forum I bought some lenses from Slovakia at www.pentax.sk - about €1900. They were supposed to be delievered by Geis SK - but something seems to have gone very wrong, as the Geis-group website at least since Thursday April 10th has stated my delievery in Bratislava as "Nedoručenie. Nesprávna adresa" - which is Slovakian for "Miscarried. Incorrect address".

Now, I've heard nothing from either parties - but of course I still hope this will sort itself out, that it might be a misunderstanding somehow - but now I'm nervous and I must admit, that somehow this doesn't come as a big surprice with goods bought from and sent through Eastern Europe. I should have listened to my wariness, I guess. Just - what now? What do you do under such circumstances?

Last edited by Ztrejfer; 04-14-2014 at 07:19 AM.
04-14-2014, 07:03 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Wait till they get back to you, and in the mean time check if you entered all the information correctly - the "Incorrect address" might just be a generic error message.
04-14-2014, 07:04 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ztrejfer Quote
Following others here in forum I bought some lenses from Slovakia at www.pentax.sk - about €1900. They were supposed to be delievered by Geis SK - but something seems to have gone very wrong, as the Geis-group website at least since Thursday April 10th has stated my delievery in Bratislava as "Nedoručenie. Nesprávna adresa" - which is Slovakian for "Miscarrige. Incorrect address".

Now, I've heard nothing from either parties - but of course I still hope this will sort itself out, that it might be a misunderstanding somehow - but now I'm nervous and I must admit, that somehow this doesn't come as a big surprice with goods bought from and sent through Eastern Europe. I should have listened to my wariness, I guess. Just - what now? What do you do under such circumstances?
Sounds better than "lost" -- they still have the package so worst case it gets sent back to sender?
04-14-2014, 07:19 AM   #4
Pentaxian

UPS does that every time to me. I live in a remote area and they don't even bother trying to deliver... They usually call saying something like "your address isn't entered correctly" or "the driver couldn't find the address". So I need to go to the depot to pick up my shipment. What is scary is that sometimes, they don't call at all. If I check the tracking online it will show as undeliverable... I then call UPS to ask and they then tell me where to pick it up.

Call the courrier (Geis SK) and see what they have to say. They may also use a sub-contractor in your Country. Only them will be able to tell you what's happening.

04-14-2014, 10:02 AM   #5

Original Poster
It has now become clear, that the communication skills of the transportation company are rather awkward. Their statement is, that when an item leaves Slovakia for another country, it's status is projected on the company website as "Miscarried. Incorrect address". This message of course leaves customers (like me) rather bewildered. Not that smart in my opinion - and the basis for my reaction, obviously.

Also, the item was given a new tracking number when leaving Slovakia through Germany - a number I was not given. Well - I guess that's where I should have turn on my lens crystal ball...

The item seems to be on it's way alright, though.

Last edited by Ztrejfer; 04-14-2014 at 10:58 AM.
04-14-2014, 10:07 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ztrejfer Quote
The item seems to be on it's way alright, though.
Good to hear.
04-15-2014, 02:18 AM   #7

Original Poster
I'm happy to announce that my new FA 31mm f1.8 Ltd. Silver edition and DA* 60-250mm f4 this very morning has arrived in mint condition - one day before expected! It's a sunny day here and I'm taking both out for a delightful stroll. Thank you, www.pentax.sk !
04-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #8
bxf
Site Supporter

I've had their page open for days, fighting temptation. Your saga is not making it any easier.

But I wonder: I don't believe I've seen a silver 31mm Limited on this site at any time. How did you manage to get one from them?

04-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #9

Original Poster
I think I overreacted in the beginning of this thread because I was a bit nervous due to the inadequate and confusing communication delivered by the transportation company www.geis-group.sk - although, as it turned out, they actually performed quite well on the transportation itself.

However, www.pentax.sk themselves have been marvelous, very kind, helpful when needed. I mailed them several times during the confusion with the transportation company and they helped clear up things - very forthcoming, I must say. No problems whatsoever - on the contrary. The lenses are in mint condition and with their guaranty papers in good order. They have my best recommendation.

I initially mailed them with a request on the FA 31mm Limited Silver Edition, as I have a Pentax K-3 Silver Edition and would like a color match. At first they didn't know of a Silver edition of this lens, but I convinced them by mailing a Pentax link on the item. They then ordered it for me rather quickly, in Japan I guess. Seen in retrospective all in all a nicely performed and smootly conducted "operation" making me a happy customer.

Last edited by Ztrejfer; 04-15-2014 at 04:48 PM.
04-16-2014, 01:47 AM   #10

Original Poster
I should also mention the prices I paid:

- FA 31mm Limited Silver Edition - €889 (which is actually considerably lower as their price for the conventional black edition at €999)
- DA* 60-250mm ED (IF) SDM - €997

There were no extra charges for postage & handling to Denmark, where I live.

Last edited by Ztrejfer; 04-16-2014 at 03:30 AM.
05-07-2014, 01:10 PM   #11

Photos: Gallery
Just to stick a few more feathers in Exapro's cap... as I've mentioned elsewhere, my new DA* 300 broke down within weeks of me getting it (SDM motor failure, focusing ring coming loose). After consulting Exapro, I sent it back to them. They took delivery of it last week and emailed me today that after having inspecting it, they are now sending me a new one.

After reading horror stories about people having to deal with icky local repair services and long waiting periods and such, I have to say this firm appears to set an extremely high standard when it comes to customer service...