Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2008, 06:44 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
Before, I really wanted this lens. Now I really want it.

Pic. #2 is the reason why I want it. Close focus at a wide(ish) angle with a large aperture is a look I love, especially with people. Thanks for the photos, Abbazz!
Thanks for the kind words. The close focus feature of this lens is very useful indeed and the bokeh is great, even wide open, which is very rather uncommon on a wide angle lens. If only this lens were a bit smaller, it would be my standard lens for everyday shooting.

Cheers!

Abbazz

05-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #32
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MrA Quote
There seem to be a number of ebayers selling lenses "on behalf of their brother" or somesuch, claiming to be ignorant of matters photographic. A small part of me suspects this is why.

BINGO! Had the same kinda (*&^ going on with my A 50 1.7 purchase. The thing was broken from day 1, but I was fortunate enough to get my money back - and was told to keep the lens. This person KNEW is was a klunker and represented it as very good condition.
05-05-2008, 10:47 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Abbazz Quote
Thanks for the kind words. The close focus feature of this lens is very useful indeed and the bokeh is great, even wide open, which is very rather uncommon on a wide angle lens. If only this lens were a bit smaller, it would be my standard lens for everyday shooting.

Cheers!

Abbazz
Those are nice photos, Abbazz.

I have the FA* 24mm/2 and I was wondering if anybody ever compared this with DA21 Limited? They both are supposed to be the best in wide angle group.
For those who has both or ever compared it, what do you think? Maybe photo samples will help.