Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sticky Aperture Blades Pentax DA 40 Limited

I sent this lens in about 8 months ago for exposure problems, now it's doing it again. I spend $95 for the repair and as well as shipping there and back to CRIS for aperture 'repair'. No idea what was actually done. I wonder if they will take it back to look at it again. From what I understand, it is covered by a 6 month warranty. This is getting costly for a lens that, if I send it in again and have to pay for the repair is approaching the value of the lens.

Details of Service:
ESTIMATE TO REPAIR APERTURE MECHANISM
ADJUST TO MANUFACTURERS SPECIFICATIONS
GENERAL CHECK AND CLEAN

When I “exercise” the blades by pulling the lever back and forth it returns to normal. Would this be due to oil or spring mechanism having to be replaced?

Thanks!

04-16-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My DA 40 had a sticking aperture and when it didn't stick, it was slow. I sent it to Eric Hendrickson who cleaned and did whatever else needed for around $50 plus shipping if I remember correctly. Turnaround was fairly quick.
Home