Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by baro-nite Quote
I think they all have the same socket/button. I prefer the cable because otherwise it takes a fairly hefty push of the button to stop down, a greater risk of moving the camera.

I'm a fan of the coinimaging.com tests too; very useful info. You certainly have all you need to get going with a very wide range of magnifications. I was a bit disappointed at the performance of the K35/3.5 for reversed high-magnification macro, given how sharp a lens it is used normally. The K28/3.5 is much better.
Ah, thanks for the heads-up on my typo -- Yep, it's the K28/3.5 I have! I'm also pairing the K-3 with an Olympus E-PL5 body (Pana. 20mm; Olympus 60mm macro; + adapters for Pentax, Nikon, and Contax-G) to lighten the load at the telephoto and CF/macro ends (and gain an AF option)... so I get extended flexibility there, too. The Series 1 "Bokina" just arrived yesterday, and it's in spectacular shape -- literally new condition (zero dust internally -- zero!; etc.), so I'm feeling pretty good about that. Gotta love that tiny 6.5 oz. Oly. 1:1 weather resistant macro for the longer hikes...

04-23-2014, 08:09 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Got the bellows yesterday, no slide copier or scales but the price was still more than OK since the rest is in great shape.
The lock pin was tricky, I was afraid that the M50 would be permanently attached for a while.

Seb