Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Anyone with a D FA 100WR?

Could someone with a D FA 100mm WR take a couple of measurements for me?

I'm getting a custom case foam made up and I cannot put my hands on one of these lens to take measurements. I am planning on getting the lens later on this year but I need my case ready to rock in a few weeks, I figured that I might as well get it ready for my "future" lenses. The D FA is the only one I cannot find among my friends/stores.

Anyway, I'm looking for the Diameter and the height of the Hood. See photo.

Thanks in advance.

Attached Images

04-21-2014, 09:10 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
The outer diameter of the hood is 2.9 inches. And it measures 2.32 inches in height.
04-21-2014, 09:11 AM - 1 Like   #3

Photos: Albums
Hi.

Just been shooting with one. So, diameter is 73mm and height is 59mm.

cheers
04-21-2014, 09:20 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks AlexZav!

04-21-2014, 11:40 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FWIW the hood can be reverse-mounted for more compact storage.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
FWIW the hood can be reverse-mounted for more compact storage.
Yeah I know. I needed the diameter to make sure I'd get the hole large enough to fit, with hood mounted in reverse. And the depth so I can make the wider hole just deep enough in order to keep some lateral support on the lens itself instead of only on the hood (My used 50-135 had a broken bayonet on the hood because of this, too much strain on this little piece of plastic when sideways during shipping). The whole thing may be overkill but I had some free time
Attached Images