Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2014, 03:40 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I just want to make a quick comment here, just in case. The ME is a full frame camera as you probably already know, while your KM is a ASP-C sensor camera (1/2 the size of the FF film format). What that means is that the field of view is going to be different (substantially wider) when the lens when it is mounted on the ME vs the KM.
  • The KM with the 28mm mounted will have a horizontal field of view of 45.6 degrees
  • The ME with the 28mm mounted will have a horizontal field of view of 65.5 degrees
The bottom line is that the pictures from each of the cameras will be very different when taken with the very same lens.

Hello there. I'm aware of the differences between focal distances. I never said I have a KM, what I do have in my house is the family camera, a D3100 with the kit lens. The 18mm provides a 27mm focal length image in its sensor, more or less.

04-25-2014, 06:11 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by agusbmxarg Quote
Hello there. I'm aware of the differences between focal distances. I never said I have a KM, what I do have in my house is the family camera, a D3100 with the kit lens. The 18mm provides a 27mm focal length image in its sensor, more or less.
I looked at your profile where you had a KM listed....
04-25-2014, 06:38 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
I looked at your profile where you had a KM listed....
oh, I'm confused, I don't know why I put KM. My bad