Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2014, 12:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I need a mount for this...

I need to find a a lens mount. The original was a screw mount but it would be nice to replace it with a k-mount. There are only four mounting holes, though. I can't seem to find lens mount parts online so I thought buying a used lens for parts or even a conversion tube. Any suggestions?

Attached Images

04-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am not sure what you want. Do you want to make an M42 lens into a K lens? If so just glue an M42/K converter on the lens thread and put a small notch on the lens base for the camera lock pin. Ten minutes is all it takes.

To replace the entire mount itself is more work. It will require adding shims or some precise machining and several collimation checks. It is easy to make your own collimation device from two cameras and a long telephoto lens, ground/frosted glass/plexiglass. It helps if the camera with the telephoto has interchangeable viewfinders but not required. I can tell you more if you want.

Do you want to make an M42 camera (Spotmatic) into a K camera. That is possible but much harder. I've changed lens mounts before and it takes work and checking, work and checking.
04-26-2014, 03:06 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

What are we looking at here?

Steve
04-26-2014, 03:17 PM   #4
Veteran Member

A 50 lb barbell plate on a brick floor?

Can't be sure from the picture, but that pattern looks like the inside of a belows. So I'm guessing the OP is looking for a camera side mount, rather than the lens side.

04-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

OK, yes, it does look like a bellows from the back.

Before doing anything, I would suggest taking a close look at clearance to the intended camera body and what would be involved with mount/dismount.

Steve
04-26-2014, 07:11 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
As you can see there is currently no mount on this bellows. My camera is a K-mount. I want to replace the missing mount with either a Pentax "K" or Pentax screw mount. To this I will attach a small extension tube to the bellows. To that extension tube I will attach my camera via it's native "K" mount or a screw mount to "K" mount adapter. Thanks.