Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #1

Got two package today!

Arriving home from work today, i received two package.

Here's the breakdown:
One was delivered by USPS, while the other was by UPS.
One was lens that i got from my buddy, and the other was an mysterious package.
One showed up tediously torn, while the other was fine and dandy.
One got me question humanity, while the other answered my question with hope and generosity!

Guess which package i liked more?...

PS: Thank you PentaxForums for the notice about the contest, and thank you Ricoh for the Theta. I will do my best to capture moments and aim for the Pentax K3 in the second round! (I've cloned out the Ricoh contact information in the letter in case i cause any inconvenience)
Ricoh Imaging "Spherical Report" Competition - Pentax News- Pentax Camera Forums

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 

Last edited by Capture Lights; 04-30-2014 at 04:14 PM.
04-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Was the lens ok? I like the 'apology' letter where they take no responsibility for the package. Empty apologies are meaningless. I've had my own run ins with USPS, recently. I am a bit dissatisfied, and their prices are increasing too quickly.
04-30-2014, 04:08 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Was the lens ok? I like the 'apology' letter where they take no responsibility for the package. Empty apologies are meaningless. I've had my own run ins with USPS, recently. I am a bit dissatisfied, and their prices are increasing too quickly.
Right? like an simple WE CARE really indicate any if at all regret and apologize...

Good thing, lens was still in good conduction, but the bottom cap fall out, and they never put in back into the package.
Similar to the package box, the lens box was torn into 3 pieces. Therefore, I believed that during some kind of incidence, the whole package was smashed, and everything felled out, and was then carelessly repackaged into the box without my cap.
04-30-2014, 06:14 PM   #4
Emperor and Senpai
Loyal Site Supporter

No element misalignment from that or sticky spots? I'd be livid.

04-30-2014, 06:36 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
No element misalignment from that or sticky spots? I'd be livid.
Surprisingly, there's not much damage to the lens, thought a lot dust near the rear element.
I will probability have to test and see, but from my initial shot, the picture turned out alright.