Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
Inactive Account

DA 35mm f/2.8 Macro Ltd.

For now, lol, I think I'm done. Yes, I am, stretched thin a bit I'm afraid. Originally I was going to go for the Sigma 24-70 but after some thought I changed my priorities. I traded in 2 lenses today for the DA35 and paid the balance. I wanted a normal view and a decent macro so I killed 2 birds with 1 stone. The build quality is excellent from what I see and the size is perfect. I have a filter already, anyone use a filter on their da35?

I had LBA in the worst way (for my budget) over the last 2 months. Trade back and forth, job loss (resolved very well though), returning things, etc. I'm settling down or the better half will level me.

I'll be posting images soon as I take them. For now, here it is on my K100D-S;

04-25-2008, 05:32 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Congrat on the new purchase. I have the lens for a few days, and I don't think a UV filter would be good for this lens. When I was doing my macro test, the object was really close at 1:1, unless you don't plan to use it at 1:1. This lens is pretty neat, nonetheless.
04-25-2008, 05:34 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aegisphan Quote
Congrat on the new purchase. I have the lens for a few days, and I don't think a UV filter would be good for this lens. When I was doing my macro test, the object was really close at 1:1, unless you don't plan to use it at 1:1. This lens is pretty neat, nonetheless.
Only a few days? Are you like me and switch lenses as much as you switch socks?
04-25-2008, 05:38 PM   #4
Inactive Account

I got that lens two days ago. That lens is a great all-around lens. I just wish there was some sort of focus limiter for normal use because the AF can be dodgy at times.

04-25-2008, 06:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Well, I think I'm done with Pentax AF primes for now. The 35mm is neat, but I have the 31LTD, and I have a zoom in mind, that would serve me better.
04-25-2008, 06:33 PM   #6
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by metalfab Quote
Only a few days? Are you like me and switch lenses as much as you switch socks?
He sold it to me.
QuoteOriginally posted by tux08902 Quote
I got that lens two days ago. That lens is a great all-around lens. I just wish there was some sort of focus limiter for normal use because the AF can be dodgy at times.

And I may sell it because of this (and get the tokina version for my canon which has a focus limiter). Then again, I may just have two. I just really really wanted it, the photos people are posting astound me.
04-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I use a B+W MRC UV filter on all my lenses.

The 35 has limitations for "macro" use. I'm going to have to get a 100 or 125 I think, but as a walkaround lens that can also do close focus, it is spectacular.
04-25-2008, 08:19 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by metalfab Quote
For now, lol, I think I'm done. Yes, I am, stretched thin a bit I'm afraid. Originally I was going to go for the Sigma 24-70 but after some thought I changed my priorities. I traded in 2 lenses today for the DA35 and paid the balance. I wanted a normal view and a decent macro so I killed 2 birds with 1 stone. The build quality is excellent from what I see and the size is perfect. I have a filter already, anyone use a filter on their da35?

I had LBA in the worst way (for my budget) over the last 2 months. Trade back and forth, job loss (resolved very well though), returning things, etc. I'm settling down or the better half will level me.

I'll be posting images soon as I take them. For now, here it is on my K100D-S;

I hate you.

QuoteOriginally posted by aegisphan Quote
Well, I think I'm done with Pentax AF primes for now. The 35mm is neat, but I have the 31LTD, and I have a zoom in mind, that would serve me better.
And I hate you too.

Dammit!!! I want one of those lenses!!!

<===(* weeping *)