Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2014, 11:22 AM   #1
rlatjsrud

Pentax lenses are suck now...

Am I the only person that Pentax lenses are become inferior?

Let me talk about THOSE lenses.

1. Pentax renewed Limited lenses when K-3 released. But they Renewed only lens coating which is HD. And then, they raised much higher price. That's really ridiculous. Base on the lens test from Dxo, the image quality is same as previous version. This is so stupid.

2. Most of lenses did not change from the beginning. Why dont they make better version of those lenses? None of them cant support K-3's image quality at all. Just use them? That's fine. but you must know that even Fuji and other companies made better lenses and more.

3. We can not expect Pentax for lenses from their plan. They are falling. They dont follow the trend at all. From this moment, expecting FF camera is really stupid thing. Pentax camera bodies are the best but lenses dont.

They better figure out for their dark future. I heard many bad news from Japan...

05-01-2014, 11:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
None of Pentax lenses can support the k-3? That's a funny thing to say.
05-01-2014, 11:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I usually don't write this but, is this really a serious thread?
05-01-2014, 11:33 AM   #4

Some one tickle me please... Nice joke though. Let me break it down first have you use the * series before, what lmt lenses you used, where did you get them, are they all good copies ?

05-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #5
rlatjsrud

QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
None of Pentax lenses can support the k-3? That's a funny thing to say.
Image quality I said. And also, Pentax become falling behind.

---------- Post added 05-01-14 at 11:36 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by DuyNguyen Quote
Some one tickle me please... Nice joke though. Let me break it down first have you use the * series before, what lmt lenses you used, where did you get them, are they all good copies ?

I used them all.
05-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I have the DA*55 and DA21 Ltd. I've used the DA40mm XS, DA 70 F2.4, DA*50-135, DA*200, DFA 100 F2.8 WR, DA 35 F2.8 Ltd, and DA 35 F2.4. None of these lenses (except maybe the 35 F2.4 wide open) are inadequate on the k-3. They are practically as sharp as any equivalent lens at any aperture (well, the DA 35s are beaten out by the Sigma 35, but close enough).

So I'm not sure where you are coming from.

With regards to the DA Ltds being refreshed and increased in price, I'll give you that. But it's not a world ending issue for me.
05-01-2014, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #7

Photos: Albums
That's a very roundabout way of saying that you've got a hard-on for canikony. Just go ahead and jump ship, nobody's holding you back.

05-01-2014, 11:56 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
I used them all.
Then you would know that lenses like the 55/1.4 and 31/1.8 are as good as most other pro lenses.
05-01-2014, 12:00 PM   #9

If you say price the only ones can beat Pentax for (price/performent) are Tammy and siggy but for some certain lenses only not ALL of it.
Or maybe you meant that Pentax haven't put out as many lenses as others are quite not right also because I don't need a bunch of 'cheapish' consumer's lens, I just want a few affordable prosumer's lens which others big name can't do. After all you still got some point right, yes the customer service, quality control, advertising,.....are BAD but quality wise I think Pentax had their own ground in each of us...
05-01-2014, 12:16 PM - 3 Likes   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh come on guys. You know what they say about providing nutrition to fairytale creatures who live under bridges...

Last edited by boriscleto; 05-01-2014 at 12:36 PM.
05-01-2014, 12:24 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Trollolol
05-01-2014, 12:30 PM - 2 Likes   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Geeze, this guy has used them all. SO rlatjsrud... can I come over to your house and try them all out?.. there's quite a few I haven't used yet. How about a thread with an image from each of those lenses. So I can see how inferior they are.... I mean there's like inferior and really really inferior, I prefer to decide for myself which is which...

I won't hold my breath, because if there's a response coming it will be an excuse ... here comes:
10 reasons why I can't prove to you that I am who I say I am, or prove that I know what I say I know....

OK, I bet he'll only do three, really good excuse makers can come up with 3 plausible reasons why they can't prove they are real. Don't take this lightly though. I'll be grading your answers on a 1 to 10 plausibility scale.

Warning if you only come u with 2, you'll be graded as if were 3. You should be able to come up with 3.
The plausibility scale is subjective, 0 is totally unbelievable... 10 is " I could buy that."

Not providing any excesses for not being able to prove that you know what you say to know will result in an awarding of a 0 for the assigment and any future posts will be ignored.

Ok, here's your chance to shine
ready , set, go..
05-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #13

Well up to certain point I agree with your thred... That would be "new" HD lenses. From the anouncement I didn't like the idea of polishing old design and seling it as new. But that part about curent lenses being inadequate for K3 is not really thruth. I personaly wold like to see better optical performance of DA 55 1.4. Especially wide open. Few new faster lenses would also be nice. But I look at curent lens "moment" pretty much like I've looked at k5II-buying time and raiseing founds for something really new. K5 sensor delivered K30,K5II,K5IIs,K50,K500 and Pentax/Ricoh invested and delivered K3. Amazing camera body. All sistems have thaire + and -. It's up to us to see what we really want. I shoot Pentax (K5) because it gives me amazing image quality and unbelieveble dynamic range. Previously I was useing Canon (7d) and we just didn't "click"... Since I switched I've never looked back. Yes Canon have great lenses and at every focal lenght you have more than enough choices but I just hate their bodys. It is personal thing and I'm not saying that they are rubish but I hate buttons layout, feel in hand, noise is not up to Pentax standard...etc. Don't look at other companys backyard-look at what you really want and what's best for you. I don't have much lenses (Tamron 17-50 2.8, DA* 50-135 2.8, F 35-70, Helios 44m 4 and manual Sigma 90 2.8 1:2 macro) but my set up never faild me. I've shot weddings,fashon,product,landscape....and I allways love rosoults. Lenses are important-no doubt about that but light is in my experience more important. Don't look at what Pentax will or will not do,look what they have now and how it suits you. If it's not enough then find system that's suits you. No need for loyaliti or anything like that. After all companys are not loyal to us))
I found my system and I really wish you all the best to find system that will make you happy. Just remember that there is no perfect system.)
05-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I would expect that someone who is complaining about the quality of all Limiteds and ALl Pentax glass has outgrew the whole photography thing and should be able to blow everybody away with his achievements - so why don't we see your entry in the K3 photo contest yet ?? Lack of suitable gear ?............. or skill perhaps and the only thing that sucks are your photos ?
--manntax

QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
1. Pentax renewed Limited lenses when K-3 released. But they Renewed only lens coating which is HD. And then, they raised much higher price. That's really ridiculous. Base on the lens test from Dxo, the image quality is same as previous version. This is so stupid. 2. Most of lenses did not change from the beginning. Why dont they make better version of those lenses? None of them cant support K-3's image quality at all. Just use them? That's fine. but you must know that even Fuji and other companies made better lenses and more. 3. We can not expect Pentax for lenses from their plan. They are falling. They dont follow the trend at all. From this moment, expecting FF camera is really stupid thing. Pentax camera bodies are the best but lenses dont.
05-01-2014, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Oh come on guys. You know what they say about providing nutrition to fairy tail creatures who live under bridges...
The last time I commented on a thread started by this poster (regarding Pentax's autofocus) I was roundly criticised for saying the autofocus issue was old, known and been improved in the K5 / K5II (and since then further in the K3) so now it is lenses.

I suggested another brand might be more to the OP's liking and need set. I did suggest the OP go elsewhere and bother other people.

Several posters accused me of being a Pentax plant. Some told me to stop trying to act like an expert when I'm clearly nobody. Several wrote that my optimistim about Ricoh was misplaced and tiresome, and the OP had a point and a right to state it.

Since all those posters were and are valued, long term members who have a right to their opinions I won't accuse this OP of anything.

PentaxIsDoomed™
Closed Thread