Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster

Thanks Steve. It's hard to make direct comparisons the way he has those images arranged -
looks like the Super Tak is much better at f/2.0 and the higher apertures, but they even out stopped down - is that what you make of it?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the Jupiter 9 quite a bit, I've seen some great stuff posted
here.

04-28-2008, 03:47 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote

Thanks Steve. It's hard to make direct comparisons the way he has those images arranged -
looks like the Super Tak is much better at f/2.0 and the higher apertures, but they even out stopped down - is that what you make of it?...

Here is my conclusion, the Super Tak is sharper and has better bokeh from f/2 to f/2.8. At f/2.8, the J-9's bokeh is much better than the Super Tak, though the sharpness is still lacking. From f/4 to f/16 the J-9's bokeh retains a slight advantage and the sharpness is pretty much comparable. (Sean, if you read this, feel free to override my evaluation. )

(I tried to link to the image, but for some reason it failed.)

Last edited by stevebrot; 04-28-2008 at 03:53 PM.