Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tele-Lentar 450mm/F6.5 telephoto lens

Someone asked about this lens in another thread, so I figured I'd post some info here...

I actually bought this lens off eBay thinking it was a M42 screwmount lens. When I tried to thread it into my geniune Pentax M42 adapter, it didn't go more than maybe 3/4 of a turn. At that point, I did a little research and found that it was a T-mount lens instead. I bought a T-mount to K-mount adapter and voila! I now have a really cheap long prime that seems to be a pretty decent lens.

I played with it a little bit today since I only have this lens and a Sigma 24mm (Tammy 70-300 and Sigma 17-70 arrive tomorrow). It has been a pretty crappy day (cool, cloudy, and windy) there isn't much to shoot at.

Here are a few test shots (all shot at F11). No PP except to resize for the web and curves on the last one to correct underexposure.

Here's a bokeh shot from the other day:

I'm pleasanyly surprised at how good this lens is. Like most lenses of this length, it really has to be stopped down a couple of stops to get decent results, but I really can't complain considering the price. The shipping ($12.00) actually cost me more than the lens did!

Including the adapter ($10 shipped), I'm into this thing for under 30 bucks. I doubt it'll get much use, but it will be worth keeping in my kit for the times when I might want a little more length than the Tammy.

04-28-2008, 10:03 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for posting those, I'm looking forward to getting mine working. IIRC I paid around $25-30 or so for my version, the only other cost should be for the right adapter for it (fingers crossed that the M42 will work as the Tmount doesn't work on mine).

Not sure if I'll lug the monster on my Alaska cruise in June (I've got a Soligor 300mm f4.5 that's much more portable), but I've got a local pond that's a fave with the birds in the area, this should work pretty good for that.