Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
My husband has a bunch of aluminum cans in big garbage bags sitting out in our garage that we need to take to the recycling place and get money for. Since I contributed some of those cans by drinking a lot of soda, I think he should split the proceeds with me 50/50.

We also need to have another yard sale and husband also needs to split proceeds from that with me, as well. He wants to keep all the money for himself so he can go buy a new BBQ grill with it. Other than eating what he cooks on it, I don't have anything to do with the grill.

When I approach him with these ideas and he rejects them, then I will tell him that he ought to be feeling lucky that I don't have the attitude "what's mine is mine and what's his is mine.

On one hand, he seems really supportive of my photography hobby, but on the other hand, I could use a little more financial support other than just at my birthday and Christmas. Of course, this is the same guy who thinks $200 is expensive for a lens.

Heather

04-29-2008, 04:18 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I have read this thread and there are some intersting ideas and I see people have sold many things. However given releative recent events the solution is simple.

Find some food item that

a) Has the image of a religious / famous figure on it
b) Is shaped in the form of some Landmark, be it a state, country, building (** this one can be scultpured I suspect !)

These simple items will fetch more than what everyone here has sold combined
04-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I have read this thread and there are some intersting ideas and I see people have sold many things. However given releative recent events the solution is simple.

Find some food item that

a) Has the image of a religious / famous figure on it
b) Is shaped in the form of some Landmark, be it a state, country, building (** this one can be scultpured I suspect !)

These simple items will fetch more than what everyone here has sold combined
haha that reminds me of the jesus tortilla chip i heard of a while back
04-30-2008, 08:51 AM   #34

Amazon VISA points rock!

QuoteOriginally posted by JCorwin Quote
A few years ago, my wife and I started using the Starwood Preferred car from Amex for everything we could (groceries, gas, insurance) instead of cash. We paid our balance off every month and were saving the "points" for a trip (with the Starwood Points, you can get free rooms at Starwood resorts (Sheraton, Westin, etc) when we split up last year, we split the points up (I was actually a little surprised they did this since they were all in my ex's name) When I was camera shopping towards the end of 2008, I was happy to realize I could trade the points in for Amazon credit. I may not be going on any free vacations soon, but i was able to get my k10d for free, and most of my 35-135 DA* with the credit.

jeff
My husband and I got an Amazon VISA card several years ago - like you, we pay in full every month and have all the essentials auto-bill to that card. And I do mean ALL the essentials - phone, internet, electric, cell phone, gas and groceries all go on that card. We get 1% back in Amazon gift certificates on all those charges; 3% on anything purchased from Amazon. I've been able to use those coupons to purchase items directly from Amazon and also items purchased from Adorama and Cameta camera through the Amazon website. It really starts to add up over time. One other benefit - I spend less time doing monthly bills and record-keeping is easier.