Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax DA 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 ED AL IF Lens

what does the 'AL IF' mean? ED is for extra dispersion correct?

04-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #2
Veteran Member

IF is Internal Focusing
AL is Aspherical Lens
ED is NOT Extra Dispersion since dispersion is bad ... on the Tamron Equivalent, LD is Low Dispersion... edit: ED is EXTRA Low Dispersion

Last edited by k100d; 04-28-2008 at 02:03 PM.
04-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
right...extra LOW dispersion...lol...i think i knew that. Thanks for the info.
04-28-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Hi k100d

Re your signature:

QuoteQuote:
THE Arsenal supporter of the forum
You might like to know that I happened to be watching BBC Football Focus this Saturday lunchtime and saw an in-depth interview with a regretful Thierry Henry, who seemed to be pining badly for his old club. Obviously you could tell from his body language that Barcelona is clearly NOT living up to his expectations !! Speaking as THE official Chelsea supporter of the forum, no doubt he'll be arriving on the doorstep at Stamford Bridge at the start of next season.......lol !!! With the squillions we have at our disposal, I'm sure it won't be a problem.......

Best regards
richard

Last edited by Confused; 04-29-2008 at 10:40 AM.
04-28-2008, 06:24 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Confused Quote
You might like to know that I happened to be watching BBC Football Focus this Saturday lunchtime and saw an in-depth interview with a regretful Thierry Henry, who seemed to pining badly for his old club. Obviously you could tell from his body language that Barcelona is clearly NOT living up to his expectations !! Speaking as THE official Chelsea supporter of the forum, no doubt he'll be arriving on the doorstep at Stamford Bridge at the start of next season.......lol !!! With the squillions we have at our disposal, I'm sure it won't be a problem.......
good to see footie fans on the board, even if it's a Chelsea fan ... so far I've found a Schalke fan (TKH) and Juve fan (JCSullivan).
terry seems to be in the press quite a bit lately, it's gotta be hard leaving a team where you were seen as an idol to going to a team where you're "just another" superstar. but Arsene knows! can't imagine him at Chelsea, he said if he went back it'd only be to Arsenal.
04-28-2008, 07:03 PM   #6

Bayern Munich forever baby!
04-29-2008, 03:05 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Hi k100d

Actually it was a poor attempt at creating some ironic humour, when I laughably suggested that *Thierry might turn up at Stamford Bridge:

QuoteQuote:
can't imagine *him at Chelsea, he said if he went back it'd only be to Arsenal.
Never mind, I'll try harder next time......lol !

Best regards
Richard

P.S. If you're interested in taking on the 'talented' Schevcenko, I'm sure we can cut you a great deal....now that WOULD be ironic !

Last edited by Confused; 04-29-2008 at 03:26 AM.
04-29-2008, 08:36 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by willis Quote
Bayern Munich forever baby!
talk about buying the league :P ... but Ribery and Toni would be fit for any team in their current form!

QuoteOriginally posted by Confused Quote
Actually it was a poor attempt at creating some ironic humour, when I laughably suggested that *Thierry might turn up at Stamford Bridge:

P.S. If you're interested in taking on the 'talented' Schevcenko, I'm sure we can cut you a great deal....now that WOULD be ironic !
sorry, missed the irony ... sucks to see Thierry (sometimes people call him Terry for fun :P) do so poorly, he's the reason i follow started to follow Arsenal to be honest. but Sheva, where has he gone?? i was talking to my brother about Chelsea when i realized he's gone missing for most of the year, he's not even on the bench!