Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
K-X lens for K-3

First I want to apologize for my newb question, but I'm considering purchasing the K-3, but I wanted to make sure the lenses I have for my K-X will attach. I have the Pentax SMCP-DA 55-300mm and the Macro lens for the K-X.... after researching it looks like they both have "K-mounts" and should interchange? I just wanted verification. Thank you for your time!

05-18-2014, 11:55 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by MajorLeaguePentax Quote
First I want to apologize for my newb question, but I'm considering purchasing the K-3, but I wanted to make sure the lenses I have for my K-X will attach. I have the Pentax SMCP-DA 55-300mm and the Macro lens for the K-X.... after researching it looks like they both have "K-mounts" and should interchange? I just wanted verification. Thank you for your time!
All pentax lenses since 1975 will mount on your K-3, including the lenses you mentioned. Now go treat yourself to some limited glass to match your awesome camera!
05-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Yes, what greek_pentaxian said. They will work very well on the K-3. In fact, they will work better on the K-3 than your K-x in that they will be faster to focus and will focus in less light than before.

Enjoy your new camera when it arrives!
05-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you, I just wanted to make sure. I ordered myself a Pentax 100mm macro WR to go with it. I do a lot of light-tent animal pictures for my business and I think it's going to be an awesome pair! I think I need a wide-angle lens here soon!

05-18-2014, 06:19 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome to Pentax Forums! The K-3 will serve you well.

I do a lot of light-tent animal pictures for my business
Sounds interesting. Would you be able to share a few photos sometime?

- Craig
05-18-2014, 07:57 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Welcome to Pentax Forums! The K-3 will serve you well.

Sounds interesting. Would you be able to share a few photos sometime?

- Craig
Like this?

This is a ball python, which we specialize in many different mutations within this species. This one is called a "Disco Inferno". I'll have to start an album here. We have nearly 1000 different ball pythons combos, new genetics, etc at Major League Reptiles. Home

Pentax takes every photo!

---------- Post added 05-18-14 at 08:00 PM ----------

Recessive mutation called the "Toffee".

There are 100's of different mutations, and they can all be crossed with one another, so there is an infinite amount of combos you can make with the simple "Ball Python", which is the most popular and docile pet snake really out there. Some of these designer morphs we specialize in can have price tags over $50,000 to many investors worldwide who want new genetics to breed. Actually a very interesting business no doubt, but a fun one since I've always loved reptiles.

---------- Post added 05-18-14 at 08:01 PM ----------

New one we call the "Freeway"... that name isn't hard to see is it? ha

---------- Post added 05-18-14 at 08:03 PM ----------

This one has been one of our premiere hatchlings this year, I named it the "Mardi Gras" ball python. He sold for a pretty penny, but I made more than one

---------- Post added 05-18-14 at 08:05 PM ----------

These were all shot with the standard SMC DA 18-55mm lens. The 100mm macro on a K-3 is gonna make this pretty exciting.