Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2008, 04:17 PM   #46
Ed in GA

I meant to have a bunch more shots with this lens to post by now.

However, I've been a bit under the weather since this time last week and probably won't really get to give this lens a work out for a couple or more weeks yet.

Having said that, my LBA is slowly giving way to "BBA". I keep buying bags and haven't yet found one that suits me.

05-08-2008, 04:22 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote
no, don't need that FA 31....... Well, maybe after while.........
The FA 31 is considered one of the best lenses ever made, Ed! Did you know that when you take a photo using the 31 that you smell the scent of roses in the air? And that when you view photos taken with the 31, it causes you to get younger for every minute you view them? When ladies see you with a 31 on your camera, they want to get to know you better. Having a camera with a 31 on it while traveling in your car, causes the car to get 3.8% better gas milage too!!
05-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #48
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by TomInJax Quote
The FA 31 is considered one of the best lenses ever made, Ed! Did you know that when ladies see you with a 31 on your camera, they want to get to know you better.
Guess I'll have to use it when the wife isn't around.

At this point, as I'm sure you know, it's not a matter of "if" but "when".
05-08-2008, 05:04 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote
I meant to have a bunch more shots with this lens to post by now.

However, I've been a bit under the weather since this time last week and probably won't really get to give this lens a work out for a couple or more weeks yet.

Having said that, my LBA is slowly giving way to "BBA". I keep buying bags and haven't yet found one that suits me.
As for the "under the weather" thing, that makes 2 of us. I had to leave early from work today and I'm not sure if I'll make it in tomorrow. If I can get my Dr. to squeeze me in tomorrow, I'm going to attempt to draft my husband (who is off tomorrow) to drive me the 20+ miles into town to the Dr. I think that drugs of the prescription-type are going to be the only thing that will be able to give this bug a swift kick in the pants.

Unless I can find a bag that's big enough to fit everything that I currently have + everything I eventually want to get, then I may wind up getting BBA myself. Okami currently has a bag on the marketplace that's too big and the one I just got week before last is almost too small, so I'm hoping to work out a trade.

Heather

05-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TomInJax Quote
The FA 31 is considered one of the best lenses ever made, Ed! Did you know that when you take a photo using the 31 that you smell the scent of roses in the air? And that when you view photos taken with the 31, it causes you to get younger for every minute you view them? When ladies see you with a 31 on your camera, they want to get to know you better. Having a camera with a 31 on it while traveling in your car, causes the car to get 3.8% better gas milage too!!
If I were to get the 31, does this mean that I can use it as a de facto air freshener? If that's the case, then it would get a lot of use at my house, where I would have lots and lots of pics of my bathrooms. The stinky bathroom problem would go away because after my husband uses it, I would simply go in there with the camera and take a few shots, depending on how bad the smell is.

If it does make you younger, then I need to get one of these for my husband. He would also like the increase in gas mileage. No need to give the oil companies any more money than you absolutely have to.

If the 31 attracts ladies like flies, then my husband had better not take it to work with him, as he works at a women's prison. On the other hand, if I used it, then husband would get insanely jealous at all the good-looking men flocking all around me when we go out in public.

My husband turns 45 in November, so this might make a great mid-life crisis birthday gift.

Heather
05-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #51
Veteran Member

Here's a heads up for anybody looking for a good deal on this lens. I stopped by Berger Brothers Camera on the way home today. They had (3) DA55-300 lenses on the shelf and they're selling them for $349.99. I'm not sure about the shipping, but it should be reasonable.

Pentax SMC DA 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED Telephoto Lens<br>Pre-order (Expected in May 08): Berger Brothers

They have 2 retail locations in New York. I saw these at the Amityville store. They are literally right down the block from Cameta Camera......only these guys are a LOT better to deal with (I refuse to set foot in Cameta ever again).

You may want to call the store directly when they open in the AM. They have a very good reputation as an online merchant, plus they have 2 Pentax shooters on their sales staff in that particular store. They're not trying to shove Canikons in your face like those guys up the street.
05-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #52
Veteran Member

Even though my 55-300 is on the way, I still went and checked out Berger Bros. anyway. While their prices aren't always the greatest, it never hurts to have another reliable source to go to when looking for gear.

BTW, I found that they have the Tamron 1.4x TC in the Pentax mount for $129.99 and that they also have the K110D with kit lens on clearance for $399.99, plus shipping.

Heather

05-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #53
Veteran Member

Every now and then they'll have a price on an item that matches anything you'll see anywhere. Late last year when there was a rebate on the K100D, they had the lowest price on the 'net.
05-09-2008, 05:32 AM   #54
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
Even though my 55-300 is on the way, I still went and checked out Berger Bros. anyway. While their prices aren't always the greatest, it never hurts to have another reliable source to go to when looking for gear.

BTW, I found that they have the Tamron 1.4x TC in the Pentax mount for $129.99 and that they also have the K110D with kit lens on clearance for $399.99, plus shipping.

Heather
that's great they have the tamron 1.4x
ground shipping via ups is free too!