I do not need another Telephoto lens

*bangs head against table*

05-08-2008, 11:57 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Tom needs another lens...NOT!

QuoteOriginally posted by TomInJax Quote
.... NO! I am not going to buy another lens.... No, no, no! I must..... resist...
Tom, you need another lens like you need another hole in your head!
If you insist, then you'll need to get rid of another lens to keep your collection from getting too big and outgrowing your largest camera bag. If you want to go this route, I'd be glad to give you suggestions as to what you can part with.

BTW, I got word from Adorama today that mine is on the way just in time to take with me on vacation. YAYY!!

Some of the first pics this lens will be used for will be from Tennessee.

Heather
05-08-2008, 12:01 PM   #33
roy
Inactive Account

i see PF every where. they hid it well. you have to view the image at 400%,,,,,,,,
05-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clawhammer Quote

*bangs head against table*
In your case, yes you do! I took this little snippet from your gear list:
QuoteQuote:
Quantaray (Sigma) 100-300 f/4.5-6.7
If it's the same thing as the Sigma 100-300/4.5-6.7 UC that I just sold on Fleabay, then yes, you need to get this lens, as it's a lot better, based on other peoples' samples from the 55-300.
Go ahead and sell the Quantaray 100-300 without hesitation or delay and treat yourself to a lens that will be a great addition to your kit.

BTW, you can quit banging your head against the table now; I don't want you to get dain bramage over a lens.

Heather (who is all in favor of responsible LBA)

05-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #35
Veteran Member

"Responsible LBA"......gotta love it!

I was really tempted with this lens, but decided to stick with the Tammy instead. Of course, my 'responsible LBA' caused to me to buy the DA10-17 yesterday. I needed that a lot more than I needed a replacement zoom.
05-08-2008, 02:14 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by maxwell1295 Quote
"Responsible LBA"......gotta love it!

Yeah... only one self proclaimed LBA addict to come up with a term like that!

It did crack me up! Great one Heather!

05-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #37
Veteran Member

I resemble some of those remarks !

Responsible LBA (I have a bad case of that now nice one Heather). I am going to buy something but I will analyze it ('it" being my "needs" / "wants" ) to death and change my mind 12 times). Responsible LBA is best practiced online ... I have seen this grow into Relapse LBA if you are actually in a store holding the equipment. Both can be controlled with proper medication but as most know rarely go away periods of remission is the best case .....

05-08-2008, 02:29 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Yeah, because...

drinking and LBA don't mix.

Since I've already made my LBA decisions for right now, I could probably stand a drink. A suspected sinus+/or ear infection is making me feel like cr@p right now, so whats a glass of wine or 2? The earliest I could get in to see the Dr. was Monday, but if I don't feel any better tomorrow morning, I may call them and push the issue, as I really don't want to go through the weekend feeling this bad. If worse comes to worse, then I'll just go to a doc-in-the-box.

I think I'm going to add the following to my sig:
"Practice responsible LBA, because drinking and LBA don't mix."
05-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #39
Ed in GA

I now have everything I "need". I'm done. No more lens purchases for me......

Yep, that's it..... well........... I do kinda want a........ no, don't need that FA 31....... Well, maybe after while.........
05-08-2008, 02:42 PM   #40
Veteran Member

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone, but my 55-300 shipped this morning
05-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #41
Veteran Member

As long as Pentax, Sigma, and Tamron keep producing new lenses, I don't think my LBA will ever quite go away. I've got my eye on the DA15 that Pentax is supposed to eventually come out with. I'm also curious to see what the Tamron 10-24 is like, as well.

Yes, the nature of my LBA has changed--it's gone from cheap lenses to the more expensive ones.

Responsible LBA, that's what it'all about. Drinking and LBA don't mix.

Heather
05-08-2008, 03:46 PM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gerrys Quote
I called Calumet yesterday and they do not have it in stock as yet. I haven't found one place as yet that has one.
I called Calumet yesterday with the thought of ordering this lens. Looks like a "must have". The fellow said that they had one left, and that one was in the San Diego store. (My own personal mo is to never purchase the last of anything, so I passed on this one.) I asked when they were going to get some more. Can't remember for sure what he said, but I think "July". That sure is a long time off. Since I just purchased a kit lens Mark II and an A50/1.2, I can wait. But, this one is next on the list.
05-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #43

QuoteOriginally posted by roy Quote
i see PF every where. they hid it well. you have to view the image at 400%,,,,,,,,
I sure hope you are kidding.
When was the last time you printed a picture at 400%?
05-08-2008, 04:02 PM   #44
AML

QuoteOriginally posted by Mechan1k Quote
I am impressed ... I would have expected PF with the cables on the bridge with the sky behind for sure.

Even the noise isnt too bad on the heavy crops ... especially at ISO800 handheld.

For a consumer lens ... this is very good ... colour rendition isn't bad either.

Will have to wait and see what these are like price-wise when they are available in Oz ... and then check to see what it is like with O/S pricing.

Looks much better quality than my FA-J 75-300mm (and I have a good copy from what I have seen as well) ... with more range to boot .. as I find sometimes I'd like to get a little wider than 75mm (without changing lenses while out and about).

Hmmm.
Simon, hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i had a store ring C.R.Kennedy yesterday and they do have them in stock now but you'd be looking at paying $699 for it.
05-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
"Practice responsible LBA, because drinking and LBA don't mix."
That is one of the reasons that I ended up buying so many lenses! Only to sell most of them later! After all how many people have LBA so bad that they buy a similar lens to what they already have - except me! Ugh!

I had to give up drinking to keep my LBA in check. Or was the reason that I gave up drinking to afford my lenses? I forget....