Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2014, 03:47 PM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FA 77mm mount on Fuji X-T1

Just a quick trial I did with the Fuji X-T1 with a cheapo Fotasy DA to FX adapter; I mounted my favorite 77mm lens and took some shots of the setup with my phone. The adapter was about $20 and it's made entirely of metal. Mounting the lens to the adapter felt a little tight, just a little though. I've read horror stories from people who bought similar inexpensive adapters and gotten the lens stuck to it, not in my case thankfully. The adapter to the Fuji X-T1 body was very smooth though, I was surprised the first time I mounted it on. Hopefully I can post some photos from the camera using the 77mm soon, but initial thought is that the images were much softer in wider aperture compare to my Pentax K-5; I had to increase the aperture to f2.8 or higher before I was satisfy with the sharpness. It looks like I may need to calibrate the focus adjustment of the camera and lens. Also, the LCD/EVF were very accurate when it comes to purple fringing. I could see the fringing happening on the highlights before I take the photo, which is pretty neat to see.

The lens and body combo looks very sexy overall.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
Nexus 5  Photo 

Last edited by Eagle_Friends; 05-30-2014 at 03:56 PM.
05-31-2014, 06:54 AM   #2
Pentaxian

It looks nice but still quite a big setup.

I just bought an x-e1 to use with an SMC-M 85mm F2. I'm limiting my Fuji setup to this lens plus the 18mm and 35mm. In practice the Fuji's arent that much smaller than a K5. Manual focussing is easier with the evf though.

Also raw support for x-trans sensors from Adobe is poor so I'm stivking to jpeg for now as I want to stay with Photoshop.
05-31-2014, 08:41 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A good friend of mine recently bought an XT-1 and since his purchase he hasnt touched his D800. He loves the Fujifilm.
06-02-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
It looks nice but still quite a big setup.

I just bought an x-e1 to use with an SMC-M 85mm F2. I'm limiting my Fuji setup to this lens plus the 18mm and 35mm. In practice the Fuji's arent that much smaller than a K5. Manual focussing is easier with the evf though.

Also raw support for x-trans sensors from Adobe is poor so I'm stivking to jpeg for now as I want to stay with Photoshop.
Sorry, still trying to find time to post some 77mm images.

For me though, I noticed a big enough difference in size after two weeks. I've been using the Fuji almost exclusively lately and when I went and picked up my K-5, I noticed how huge and bulky it is. I'm sure once I start using the K-5 again my hands will get used to it, but the decrease in size is no joke.

06-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Eagle_Friends Quote
...It looks like I may need to calibrate the focus adjustment of the camera and lens...
What do you mean by calibrate the focus? Wouldn't the FA77 be manual focus only on the XT-1?

I am very curious about this combo myself - please post pictures soon!!
06-03-2014, 08:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Here some photos from the 77mm,

The color looks more green? compare to the more neutral tone of the Pentax K-5. Also, I've never had lens glare issues with this lens on a Pentax and right away I noticed some lens glare issues. Also the photos look softer to me compare to the Pentax body, like I mentioned above. Unfortunately I did not have my pentax body to do a true comparison; once I find some time I can work on them.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
X-T1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-T1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-T1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
X-T1  Photo