Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2008, 02:21 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I have been thinking about this lately ... when it comes to adaptors and mounting/removing them all of the time. As I ahve AF K-mount lenses as well .... I was tempted to get myself another K10D (as they are going cheap ... really cheap at the moment) as a second body just to leave the M42 mount permanently on and use it for those lenses only ... and use K-mount lenses on my main K10D.

05-05-2008, 04:31 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Groundloop Quote
I have a question for the M42 experts. When using them on DSLRs, do you have an adaptor for each lens, or do you just leave the adaptor in the body and screw the lenses in as you need them? And has anybody (other than Hin) modded their lenses to accept the bodies locking pin? This is my first M42 lens, so thus far I've only removed the spring clip from my adaptor to make it easier to change to my K mount lenses. Any input will be appreciated.
I use some M42 lenses and have original Pentax adaptors on each lens. I removed the spring and milled a small recess into the mounts, so that the lens locks with the Pentax pin, quite like a k-mount lens. It is the most convenient way for me, as I have a large mix of lenses with K/KA/KAF and M42 mounts and don't want to swap the adaptors too.

Ben
05-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks to all that let me know how they're working with M42 lenses. There doesn't seem to be any consensus, so I'll stick with using the modded adapter and reevaluate when I get another M42.

I had a chance to do some shooting with the 135 f2.5 earlier today, and I've uploaded a couple of shots to the Photo Gallery. They can be found here: User Photo Gallery - Nature
and here: User Photo Gallery - Nature

Both were shot at f/2.5, and the vertical shot was cropped from a horizontal. I keep getting more impressed with this lens. I can't wait to shoot some portraits.