Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
LBA first images - A 50/1.2

My new A 50/1.2 arrived today. Yup, brand new, never owned before, not by anyone (other than the sales store).

Had to go to the post office to pick it up. Sure is a lightweight box. Made me wonder if anything was inside.

Carefully cut it open. Just a bunch of paper. Hmmm, maybe there really isn't anything inside.

Ah, yes. There is something inside. Wow, that's wrapped really well!

Interesting packaging. The "bubble wrap" is a single sheet that has long, tubular air chambers. Wrapped around once, then placed in a plastic baggie and taped closed. Pretty well protected from the environment.

Yup, sure looks brand new.

The prize! Simply beautiful. What a work of art.

The twins, side by side.

What it looks like on a K20D. I have a aluminum hood attached to a UV filter. Always use hoods, and usually a protective filter.

Now for some real pictures taken with the lens on a K20D. Very late afternoon, so just went out into the garden to grab a few snaps. EXIF retained on all images.

Crop and sized for web display.

Full resolution extract.

Full-frame, but sized for web display.

Full resolution extract.

Full resolution extract.

p.s. When I get a chance this weekend, I'll take some pictures of the "old" 1.2 lens and put it in the marketplace sub-forum here. Fellow forum members can have first shot at it.

05-02-2008, 05:09 AM   #2
Banned

where did you get a NOS 1.2? im incredibly jealous.
05-02-2008, 05:24 AM   #3
Veteran Member

i'm betting he got it at Matsuiyastore on Ebay
nice photos! that lens was looked so tempting
05-02-2008, 07:16 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
i'm betting he got it at Matsuiyastore on Ebay
nice photos! that lens was looked so tempting
Yup. That's the place. I've been watching the price steadily rising over the past six months and finally decided to get off the fence before it was either too expensive or no more were available. They have at least one more, as evidenced by their current auction.

05-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Me too..........

QuoteOriginally posted by volosong Quote
Yup. That's the place. I've been watching the price steadily rising over the past six months and finally decided to get off the fence before it was either too expensive or no more were available. They have at least one more, as evidenced by their current auction.
I was (literally) about to hit the button and buy that one a few months ago and late one night
one came up on e-Bay that was mint and less than 1/2 of Matsuyia's price......so I grabbed that one. Good for you!
05-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

my finger slipped and i'll have one arriving too! vile temptress :P

funny before i wanted to buy one, someone had bought it. and after i bought mine, another just popped back up. i wonder how many they have stockpiled?
05-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #7
Veteran Member

That lens is a beauty. Are you keeping both of them?
05-05-2008, 06:06 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Definitely a good buy and you got two!!

How much did you get the lens for?