Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-03-2014, 01:27 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
OK, ordered the new teleconverter. B&H still shows it as pre-order but found one on e-bay for the same price. We'll see how that works. Worst case scenario is I've upgraded my extender. Best case, I'm done.
Still tempted by the K135-600, and I'd probably love trying it for a day, but it's long, heavy, nearly impossible to travel with, and would require an additional (I'm guessing here ) $500 upgrade to my tripod setup. My practical side is kicking in.

06-03-2014, 09:05 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jrpower10 Quote
OK, ordered the new teleconverter. B&H still shows it as pre-order but found one on e-bay for the same price. We'll see how that works. Worst case scenario is I've upgraded my extender. Best case, I'm done.
Still tempted by the K135-600, and I'd probably love trying it for a day, but it's long, heavy, nearly impossible to travel with, and would require an additional (I'm guessing here ) $500 upgrade to my tripod setup. My practical side is kicking in.
Let us know how it goes!
06-09-2014, 02:13 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
TC arrived and works much better than the Tamron. Much less hunting. I'm headed to Yellowstone next week and I'll post some samples when I get back.
06-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jrpower10 Quote
TC arrived and works much better than the Tamron. Much less hunting. I'm headed to Yellowstone next week and I'll post some samples when I get back.
Looking forward to seeing them! I sold my Tamron some time ago for good reason - not only did it hunt (and reported an uncorrected FL, IIRC) but the IQ wasn't quite up to par (possibly, again, partly because of the wrong FL for SR).

Here's some encouragement that crewl1 posted this evening, if you haven't seen this yet: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/265362-comp...0-w-hd-tc.html