Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-04-2008, 03:59 AM   #1

50mm 2.8 Macro Focusing problems

I was trying to manually focus the lens on my Samsung GX-10 ( K10D), but the focusing ring dosnt actually move. Well it moves sometimes, but not all the time.

My question is, should i change the focusing on the camera to Manual, ( MF) because the booklet that came with the lens dosnt say. I know that i have to move the clamp swith to On, but apart from that, it dosnt seem to work properly.

Thanks

N.Stocks

05-04-2008, 04:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Do yourself a favour and read the camera manual first.
If you're gonna use manual focusing, you need to switch the focus mode lever on the camera body to manual focus to disengage the AF motor or you risk causing damage to it.

Which 50mm macro lens are you referring about? If it is the DFA, which has Quick Shift, you can turn the focusing ring even in AF mode. If you refer to the F or FA versions, you should not turn the focusing ring manually until you set the focus mode lever to manual focus.

The Clamp Switch is used for manual focusing. When set to ON, rotation of the focusing ring is tight. This helps prevent the rotation of the focusing ring due to the lens's own weight when pointed downwards and avoids any shift in focus. For normal or AF use, this switch should be set to the OFF position.

Last edited by creampuff; 05-04-2008 at 10:15 AM.
05-04-2008, 07:59 AM   #3

Original Poster
I thought it was that.

Ok, i have switched the clamp to ON, and manually focus on the camera.It still dosn't turn all the time.If i turn it right then it normally moves, but then when i turn it left it dosn't ' catch' and therefore dosnt turn.

N.Stocks
05-04-2008, 11:36 AM   #4

Original Poster
Should I send it in to get repaired?