Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2014, 10:14 PM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Every time I think about selling a few lenses my legs feel weak, I get dizzy and I usually collapse. I usually put the lens in question on the camera the next day and go out and take a couple of keepers with it, that usually cures me. That technique didn't work with my Vivatar 135 the other day, I didn't get a decent image forget about a keeper, but it's only worth the cost of the postage, so I might as well keep it.
To anyone who'd say it's all in your head... well, I guess THAT sets the record straight! Be sure to land where someone can catch you.

---------- Post added 06-25-14 at 01:18 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
I try to have as few gear as possible but it is difficult because each piece does 1 thing really well but not what the other similar piece does really well...
DSLR and SLR, grip, 11 lenses, CPL/ND filters, P&S, 4 bags, 3 flashes, extra batteries and chargers, stands-umbrellas-reflector-softbox, tripod, gorilla pod, monitor calibrator.
I recognize I needed / wanted and used different combinations of it all along time... But IŽd rather have much more prints I am really happy. So I try to get rid of as much equipment as possible.
Do you keep track of the all these permutations and combinations with some sort of spreadsheet? ...Well, I see the point, having accumulated quite a little stash of accessory bits from eBay here and there, and me being afflicted with P.R.S. -- Pack Rat Syndrome.

---------- Post added 06-25-14 at 01:44 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
QuoteOriginally posted by seventysixersfan Quote
I would think you may not need/use your Tamron 17-50 after you get the Sigma 18-35.
Hmm... 810g/28.6 oz. vs. 440g/15.5 oz. ...Boy, I really, really wish I could believe that. Seriously. This is a guy who simply had a Nikkor 35mm/f.2.0 planted in place as a normal lens while learning and exploring the SLR, accompanied by the classic 105mm/f.2.5 -- No Kiron/Vivitar "stovepipes"! I would love for the Sigma to be all the more enthusiastic might claim IQ-wise, when mated to a K3... something to make me forget some primes. But I can't believe that, at this stage. That's just big. And, nope, I can't see and handle one locally. So...??? -- Fred

Last edited by Kayaker-J; 06-25-2014 at 09:53 PM.
06-25-2014, 02:00 AM   #17
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Yes I never had a large collection off lenses, but went down to 6 lenses last year. Now I'm thinking of selling my sigma lens, since I almost never use it. I try not to carry to much stuff with me and only bring what I use.
06-25-2014, 07:17 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
So that's how it works....
It won't be long before some respected Psychiatric Association describes the 'Lens Buying Addiction Disorder', it's indicators and a treatment regimen.

From that point on we will call it LBAD.
06-25-2014, 07:22 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
I may end up needing a 60-250 after doing some cleaning simply for the WR.

06-25-2014, 12:10 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Regularly selling lenses and gear is an integral part of LBA / CBA psychology. It puts money in the PayPal account. It let's you buy back the things you sold off so you can get that endorphin high again. Etc.
Hahahah this is so trueeeee. Once the money reaches paypal it never seems to return to the bank account, LBA just keeps feeding itself

To answer the OP, I've done some cleaning up for shelf space and sell gear that I've upgraded from, because I dont like seeing it just sitting on the shelf unused.
06-25-2014, 12:24 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
spend a couple weeks looking at the KEH inventory. Mark things down 25% because you aren't KEH. You won't get 100% of the investment in the CLA. Buyer pays shipping, you eat PayPal.

Regularly selling lenses and gear is an integral part of LBA / CBA psychology. It puts money in the PayPal account. It let's you buy back the things you sold off so you can get that endorphin high again. Etc.
Lately I'm not too excited about looking at this forum's "Photographic Equipment for Sale" anymore. So much stuff at KEH prices... and quite a few go even beyond... I wish people would listen to your advice.

But anyway, if knowing the price is what's keeping the OP from selling a few lenses, I think that's solved now Look at KEH and at completed Ebay auctions. By the way, I think the only lenses I'd sell from that setup would be the Sigma 70-300 and the Pentax-F 28-80. Maaaaybe the F 70-210, if I wasn't using it and the 70-200 2.8 already covers that range, but heavier and without Pentax rendering...
06-25-2014, 02:03 PM   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Lately I'm not too excited about looking at this forum's "Photographic Equipment for Sale" anymore. So much stuff at KEH prices... and quite a few go even beyond... I wish people would listen to your advice.

But anyway, if knowing the price is what's keeping the OP from selling a few lenses, I think that's solved now Look at KEH and at completed Ebay auctions. By the way, I think the only lenses I'd sell from that setup would be the Sigma 70-300 and the Pentax-F 28-80. Maaaaybe the F 70-210, if I wasn't using it and the 70-200 2.8 already covers that range, but heavier and without Pentax rendering...
You've actually hit the three lenses I am really thinking of selling. The 70-210 was much nicer than I thought it would be, but my 70-200 f/2.8 is that much nicer, even though it is bigger.