Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-13-2015, 08:14 AM   #106
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The 28/3.5 has some kind of ethereal quality I can't describe. The 43 is sublime. The 77 is always just . . . there. The K200 is stunning.

The 31/1.8 is a harsh mistress. Love/Hate relationships don't make my favorites list.

05-13-2015, 08:42 AM   #107
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The 31/1.8 is a harsh mistress.
In what way? I had an opportunity to buy this lens and passed it by. I've heard a lot that's wonderful about it ever since, which put it on my "GET THIS SECOND-HAND NEXT TIME LIFE OFFERS YOU THE OPPORTUNITY, YOU GODDAMN STUPID TWIT!" list, but some idea of its potential foibles is also appreciated.
05-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #108
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I can't answer for Monochrome, but for me - I love the rendering of the 31, but I'm not a fan of the focal length on APS-C. I would like to try it on the full-frame though (some day).
05-13-2015, 10:22 AM   #109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
In what way? I had an opportunity to buy this lens and passed it by. I've heard a lot that's wonderful about it ever since, which put it on my "GET THIS SECOND-HAND NEXT TIME LIFE OFFERS YOU THE OPPORTUNITY, YOU GODDAMN STUPID TWIT!" list, but some idea of its potential foibles is also appreciated.
QuoteOriginally posted by yorik Quote
I can't answer for Monochrome, but for me - I love the rendering of the 31, but I'm not a fan of the focal length on APS-C. I would like to try it on the full-frame though (some day).
Picture in your mind a nerd who for some reason has Kate Upton as his 'One Girl'. Much as she loves him, he just can't be happy because he's convinced he isn't adequate.

And I agree about the FL on APSc, which is why I have an MZ-S.

FWIW, my travel kit for Alpine Colorado next months is

K-3 and MZ-S
FA31 | FA43 | FA77 | K135/2.5 | K200/2.5
GorillaPod | Filters | Charger | 2 batteries | spare CR2's for MZ-S

It all fits in one vintage medium Domke shoulder bag with the Postman's Pad.