Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-08-2014, 09:22 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

EBay or Amazon... Can't rightly recall. I believe JJC or some such is the brand.

07-09-2014, 07:24 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mellowyeahlow Quote
Man this 35mm takes some sharp pictures. I'm in looooove
When we take pictures with this lens - that's when we shut up about it being plastic and all, isn't it? They don't call it the plastic fantastic for nothing.

Go on Amazon and type "49mm lens hood" and get your pick of hoods for under 10 dollars. Or don't... I never use a hood with mine. Pictures come out nice and contrasty even in the sun. Only if I get the sun in the picture, I lose contrast and sharpness - but that's usually what I want when I do that, anyway.

One thing you'll also notice is how nice the SP coating is ("Super Protective"). I've had to clean my lens a few times - me and my wife use it with the kids a lot - and it doesn't have a scratch on it yet. I'm very impressed by this. This past weekend somehow it even got a bit of marshmallow on the glass. Cleaned up perfectly...

Also, the plastic is durable. Mine has had a few bumps where I thought it would leave marks, but it looks perfect still. It's a tough little plastic gem! But I don't plan on testing this further...