Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2014, 02:38 PM   #1
Closed Account

Question about Pentax Adapter on a Canon

I know someone that has a Canon with a Pentax adapter to use Pentax lens.

He asked me this question and I don't have an answer:

"Quick question.... finally got the Pentax adapter. Is it normal that for some lenses the focal distance scale is situated on the left rather than in the centre, or did I get some weird adapter, I've been looking at youtube videos... it seems as though maybe that's simply how the pentax lenses mount on canon.. no clue."

07-15-2014, 03:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Im guessing here, so please feel free to disregard my post.

Adapters are difficult little mothers to make, they are very thin and they have double connections, in your case canon bayonet and k bayonet.

The material has to be thin and in these thicknesses is not very sturdy and so the flanges for canon are likely to interfere with the flanges for k bayonet.

In other words, if they machined the adapter so the lens is perfectly aligned and the scale is right at the top, the adapter may be weakened by very close tolerances.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if manufacturing process forced the slight change that your seeing to the lens position, so the bayonets don't interfere in some way.
07-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Piziak Quote
. Is it normal that for some lenses the focal distance scale is situated on the left rather than in the centre
Yes this is normal. I have a fotodiox adapter and nothing is centered.

M
07-15-2014, 05:00 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think there was an answer to this in the 'Using 1D/5D for Pentax lenses" in the FF section.

IIRC, it had to do with whether it was an aps-c or FF adapter or something like that.
Do look it up :
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/169-pentax-full-frame/130552-pentax-full-...well-sort.html