Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-18-2014, 10:15 AM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Okay guys, I started this fun fest by suggesting OP not use tap water, but that's because I know what the tap water there is like and what it can do to glass. Ever seen a water glass that's been washed in FL for a while? FL tapwater is nasty stuff. Sans a scale cleaner in the dishwasher they're usually ringed with white mineral deposits fairly quickly. Drinking the water from the tap can be rather unpleasant too. I honestly would not clean my lenses camera or eyeglasses either. Better a lens cleaner solution or at least bottled water. Would you want water capable of doing this on your camera lens? I wouldn't.

http://emeraldcoastculligan.com/img/dirty-glasses.jpg
Maybe if I needed a soft-focus lens .

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
coatings, element, front, home, k-mount, lens, lenspen, pentax lens, slr lens, water