Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2008, 07:58 PM   #16

Tamron 17-50 2.8 better reviews

Hi, I was looking for a zoom lens for my K200d. Looking at the reviews for the Sigma at various sites including B&H, it seems like there is a QC issue with Sigma. I read few complaints about the lens not focusing evenly at the edges. Tamron 17-50 2.8 has better reviews both in image quality and QC. Maybe I am biased. During 10 years in one hour photo business images from Sigma products never impress me. You will find that in general local camera shop sales people will preffer Tamrom products.

You are losing little range but the Tamrom is constant 2.8. Longer warranty with Tamrom?

Sigma owners, sorry I don't mean to ..... As I stated, it is just my opinion.

05-07-2008, 08:31 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hmmm, sure doesn't look cheaper to me:

pentax sigma 17-70, Lenses Filters, Cameras Photo items on eBay.com
05-07-2008, 08:37 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thank you for your opinion Nico. I will take a look at some more reviews, and do a bit of research on the Tamron.

Constant 2.8 would be nice is that 2.8 is actually fully useable, ie: doesn't cause tons of other issues.

I don't have how big I can make the aperture if I end up losing tons of IQ in the process