Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2014, 12:23 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bpv_UW Quote
I think what I'll do for now is rent the Da 12-24 and the Sigma 8-16 and directly compare to the Da 15
I had to go through about four copies of the Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 before I found one without de-centering, so bear this in mind.

08-03-2014, 12:29 AM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I had to go through about four copies of the Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 before I found one without de-centering, so bear this in mind.
Thanks for all your helpful observations regarding such critical details. I'm "filing" them for ready access in the old "intra-cranial database"!
08-03-2014, 08:29 AM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks all; will let you know my conclusions once I've compared them (probably a few weeks).

Best,
Brandon
08-03-2014, 11:18 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ScooterMaxi Jim Quote
Agreed on all aspects other than the fact that use of adapters invariably results in significant degradation to your better quality optics (sorry to all the adapted NEX users - it is what it is). See the meticulous Roger Cicala for the reality check LensRentals.com - There Is No Free Lunch, Episode 763: Lens Adapters
Roger is amusing as well as meticulous, so he's consistently a good read. His backstory on leaving medicine and starting up Lens Rentals is a good one, and he seems to have his future nicely mapped out going foreward. Broadly educated, persistently curious, and not of a mind to take these things much too seriously, Roger is a guy I like and really trust.

08-03-2014, 10:46 PM   #35
Veteran Member

I'll have to check out the backstory. Not at all surprised to learn that he's thoroughly trained in scientific discipline.
08-04-2014, 06:24 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ScooterMaxi Jim Quote
I'll have to check out the backstory. Not at all surprised to learn that he's thoroughly trained in scientific discipline.
J., the story I saw initially had been coming up blank for me, following a number of the Google links served up -- but it IS reproduced here: Physician changes focus, now rents camera gear | The net lender... (from 'Money' magazine)

For more, try: fstoppers.com/other/btsinterview-behind-scenes-photographys-most-interesting-company... -- Fred