Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2014, 12:37 AM   #1

sigma 28mm 2.8 mini wide II disassembly

Hi,
I full opened the lens to repair, now I have some problem to reassemble it; someone has installation instructions or descriptive photographs?
in particular, I opened the aperture mechanism and I do not know where and how to reposition the two iron wires that act as a spring for aperture lever.
the rest of the repair went well, ricoh pin removed, cleaning contacts, repositioning spring and ball bering for aperture click, ecc.

the lens is like that in the images, thank you

Attached Images

08-04-2014, 01:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the wonderful world of [testosterone-assisted?] "can-do-it-ivness"... and a not atypical response back from the forces of the universe at large. 😕 I sure hope you get lucky with some good solid guidance on this one.
08-04-2014, 01:48 AM   #3

Original Poster
I thought it was difficult to repair this lens, but in fact everything went well until the two little piece of iron wires went out of position..
unfortunately I did not take photos during disassembly and don't remember the exact position..
Hope forces of the universe, or someone with a lot of patience and some photos of the aperture mechanism, help me

if I can put it back together properly promise that I will make a guide about
08-04-2014, 02:17 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by teoprome Quote
I thought it was difficult to repair this lens, but in fact everything went well until the two little piece of iron wires went out of position..
unfortunately I did not take photos during disassembly and don't remember the exact position..
Hope forces of the universe, or someone with a lot of patience and some photos of the aperture mechanism, help me

if I can put it back together properly promise that I will make a guide about

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

I hope you sort out your puzzle. I've got the very same lens and now have absolutely no plans to dismantle.

Cheers,

08-04-2014, 02:33 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Schadenfreude rears its mischievous little head, eh, F_S_9? 😆
08-04-2014, 02:41 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kayaker-J Quote
Schadenfreude rears its mischievous little head, eh, F_S_9? 😆

Only from the memory of my own experiences.

BTW what is F_S_9?
08-04-2014, 03:14 AM   #7

Original Poster
okay okay, then no one unscrews three screws, opens the aperture mechanism and makes some pictures?
I do not make the disassembly manual then ok?

which kind of men are you? you get scared for so little?

I'll do some assembly testing, surely I can fix it , thanks anyway

08-04-2014, 03:24 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by FreeSpirit9 Quote
Only from the memory of my own experiences.

BTW what is F_S_9?
Uh, that would be you... abbreviated.
08-04-2014, 03:29 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kayaker-J Quote
Uh, that would be you... abbreviated.
ok, Didn't see that K-J

Cheers.

---------- Post added 08-04-14 at 08:32 PM ----------

okay okay, then no one unscrews three screws, opens the aperture mechanism and makes some pictures?
I do not make the disassembly manual then ok?

which kind of men are you? you get scared for so little?

I'll do some assembly testing, surely I can fix it , thanks anyway
I have no doubt that you will get it back together (reassemble).

All the best in photography. Glad to know you also have a healthy sense of humour. More power to you.

It's a great lens. I really enjoy using mine.
08-04-2014, 04:16 AM   #10

Original Poster
ok FreeSpirit9, your encouragement has convinced me: if the operation is successful I write two lines about, useful for all users
yes it's a great and very sharp lens
thank you
08-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #11
Veteran Member

ok FreeSpirit9, your encouragement has convinced me: if the operation is successful I write two lines about, useful for all users
yes it's a great and very sharp lens
thank you

Sometimes I find that if I disconnect myself from the task for a few hours the answer comes to my mind.

All the best in getting that great little lens back together.

Yes, it's nice and sharp and I really love the colours rendered by the lens.

By the way, where in the world are you located?

I am in Queensland Australia.

Cheers
08-04-2014, 02:11 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Yep, and recent cognitive research supports the idea of "sleeping on" the problem 😴, allowing the brain to cull and reorganize pertinent aspects of the task (in some dimly understood, distributed abstract form).
08-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #13

Original Poster
Greetings from Italy
Now I'm sleeping on the problem, I fully agree with this cognitive approach K-J

ok, after sleeping a little, I reassembled everything, also the two little wires, and now aperture work correctly...
but now the camera does not see 'A' mode...

I ask you a small test: the gold pin on the lens that makes 'A' contact in your lens is always pushed down (towards the bayonet of the camera) or is pushed down only in 'A' mode?
this test does not cost anything and could help me.. good news, you must not disassemble anything!!!

thank's

Last edited by teoprome; 08-07-2014 at 05:04 AM.
08-21-2014, 04:14 AM   #14
Veteran Member

bongiorno,

how did you go with getting your lens back together?

---------- Post added 08-21-14 at 09:23 PM ----------

Greetings from Italy
Now I'm sleeping on the problem, I fully agree with this cognitive approach K-J

ok, after sleeping a little, I reassembled everything, also the two little wires, and now aperture work correctly...
but now the camera does not see 'A' mode...

I ask you a small test: the gold pin on the lens that makes 'A' contact in your lens is always pushed down (towards the bayonet of the camera) or is pushed down only in 'A' mode?
this test does not cost anything and could help me.. good news, you must not disassemble anything!!!

thank's
Sorry I did not reply to your question earlier but I have been away. There is a gold pin on the bayonet side on the steel mounting plate that is always up. It appears to have a spring below as I can push it down and it comes up by itself.

There is a black button on the aperture ring that locks the A but that is also always up.

I hope this helps.

Good to know you were able to get things back together.

Again apologies for not writing sooner.

Cheers
08-27-2014, 03:12 AM   #15

Original Poster
remount the lens was pretty easy, the only difficult was to found the correct place for the two little wires, I tried and tried and tried for different positions many times
I used the lens in M mode with good results, only overexposure under f/8 to compensate -1, -1.5
A mode don't work; thanks for the tips, gold pin, etc, works like your description also for me
I think A pin don't make well contact; soon I search for a new pin (IC pin array I hope is good), dissassemble, test and make some photos of opened lens
Cheers