Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2007, 12:35 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Manual focus lens

Hello. I recently purchased a Pentax *ist DS with the 18-55 DA kit lens. I am really pleased with the performance. of the camera. I saw an ad at Abe's of Maine for a close out Sigma 7-210 manual zoom. I realize that focusing will be manual, but what exposure features will be available with the DS other than complete manual exposure ?
thanks for your help...

01-28-2007, 03:14 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
If the lens is the "A" series of diaphram operation it will function in all the modes but only with manual focusing. That is, IF it has the proper chip installed to communicate with the camera body. If not, I really do not know.
My recommendation would be to get the Pentax 50~200 DA lens. I believe there is still a 50.00 rebate being offered on this lens through Pentax, putting the final price down around 150.00 depending on where you buy from.

Walt

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
ds, exposure, k-mount, lens, pentax lens, slr lens