Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2008, 09:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Help with Da 35 mm macro

For those using the new Da 35 mm limited, have any of you noticed difficulty hunting in low light? I have started a thread in my personal comparison of the 43 and the 35 mm ltd. to see which I perfered using. I noticed however in low light that when focused to say anything closer than .2 meters that the lens won't let me then focus to infinity. Instead the lens only focuses closer and eventually stays locked at the closest focusing distance. I haven't noticed with the 43 mm or my 77mm. I am wondering if it is the lens. It also locked up at infinity once, which I was able to release by pressing the lens release button.

thanks,

05-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #2
MSM
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Anyone? (pin drops on the floor....)
05-09-2008, 02:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I've just tested my DA35 with *istds. No any problem. I can focus to 20cm distance in my quite dark room and then focus to other room's ligth 4 meters far from me.

Is it your problem?
05-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MSM Quote
For those using the new Da 35 mm limited, have any of you noticed difficulty hunting in low light? I have started a thread in my personal comparison of the 43 and the 35 mm ltd. to see which I perfered using. I noticed however in low light that when focused to say anything closer than .2 meters that the lens won't let me then focus to infinity. Instead the lens only focuses closer and eventually stays locked at the closest focusing distance. I haven't noticed with the 43 mm or my 77mm. I am wondering if it is the lens. It also locked up at infinity once, which I was able to release by pressing the lens release button.

thanks,
Just tried it on the *stDS: hunts a bit in low light, but it will go from close to infinity. Can be coaxed into getting good focus, but requires a bit of patience.

Tried it again on the K200D: very quick and snappy, even in low light. A vastly better experience than on the *DS. What camera are you using it it with?

05-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #5
MSM
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GaryM Quote
Just tried it on the *stDS: hunts a bit in low light, but it will go from close to infinity. Can be coaxed into getting good focus, but requires a bit of patience.

Tried it again on the K200D: very quick and snappy, even in low light. A vastly better experience than on the *DS. What camera are you using it it with?
Thanks for the reply. I am using the k10d. I am not sure what happened. I have since tried again and it appears that the focus is fine. It did lock up at infinity yesterday. Maybe there was an issue with mounting the lens and the contacts. Today, no problems. Thanks again. I have been enjoying the lens and the 43 ltd. too