Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #16

FWIW, my first copy of the 16-50 was actually worse than what you see in the Polish review! It was absolutely terrible at 16mm, even stopped down to F8-11! My second copie was 200% better and the serial number was very close in sequence. Bottomline: try first, buy later!

Note that I must have had a very early production batch as I was one of the first inividual to buy one here in Canada.

Gene

05-09-2008, 01:23 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by gkopeliadis Quote
Yes, I do print 100% (some times more)

I expect much more than I get with my poor 18-55 kit lens. Never gave me something like this!

DA 18-55 @ 18mm F4
Wow. Your reply really surprices me.

My kitlens has not been used much, so my experiense with it is limited. But I can assure you that you will get significantly less CA from a good copy of the DA* 16-50/2,8.
But no one eccept you can answer if it will live up to your standards. In your situation it may be a good idea to buy at a reputable dealer who will refund you if you are not happy.
05-12-2008, 01:56 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xGene Quote
FWIW, my first copy of the 16-50 was actually worse than what you see in the Polish review! It was absolutely terrible at 16mm, even stopped down to F8-11! My second copie was 200% better and the serial number was very close in sequence. Bottomline: try first, buy later!

Note that I must have had a very early production batch as I was one of the first inividual to buy one here in Canada.

Gene
I got a copy from the local dealer today for evaluation . If it's good, I'll keep that.