Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2008, 12:43 PM   #1

My DA* 16-50 Focus Test

Well, I received the 16-50 today from Buydig. Here is a shot with the focus chart. The chart I printed for some reason did not look straight. I added a straight line in photoshop for reference. It looks like it is decentered to the left and back focusing. What do you guys think I should do?

05-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
Inactive Account

From what I've seen from the too bad copies I've had, you've got a keeper....at least in terms of focus...

Same test I could barely even read "this line should be in focus"
05-09-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Doesn't look bad but really can't tell because there is a good chance the centre AF sensor might cover a wider area than the centre "focus here" line. Also, as the shooting distance increases, the AF error would be more obvious. Another way to test BF/FF is to shoot a sequence of some near infinity well defined target on tripod wide open with different um setting in debug mode. Pick the sharpest one then you will be able to tell how far off the original um setting was.