Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cbope Quote
Check it yourself, look at the back side of the cap after it's been in your pocket for a bit, it will usually have a significant amount of lint/dust on it.
Rocket Blower?

08-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #32
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Rocket Blower?
It's not very convenient to use a blower every time I replace a lens cap. Plus, I may be bag-less and just carrying the camera/lens on a shoulder strap which I do quite often. Then where would I keep a blower? On second thought, don't answer that, please
08-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cbope Quote
It's not very convenient to use a blower every time I replace a lens cap. Plus, I may be bag-less and just carrying the camera/lens on a shoulder strap which I do quite often. Then where would I keep a blower? On second thought, don't answer that, please
... unless if you line your shirt pocket with a zip-loc bag. A small zip-loc bag would do the job (in my country, pharmacies package pills in small zip-loc bags instead of amber bottles. Those little plastic bags are really handy.) Flip the top 1/4 of the bag down to make a nice, stiff rim that keeps the opening from closing. Then, you may keep whatever you want in your pocket lint-free.

P.S. Every human comes with two blowers. Blow with your mouth without spitting. Alternatively, you may fart
08-20-2014, 02:02 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am a front left pocket person too, which is unfortunately often occupied with other things that end up dinging my caps, and most unfortunately my FA limited caps. I swap rear caps without attending to detail too and have always marveled when I see used lenses for sale with original caps in good condition... I could never tell you which rear cap came with which lens.. this clip is a good solution but i don't really want to buy something that I have to buy for every single cap. I am thinking some kind of clip on pocket for my cheapo sling strap would be nice...

08-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #35
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by todd Quote
I am a front left pocket person too, which is unfortunately often occupied with other things that end up dinging my caps, and most unfortunately my FA limited caps. I swap rear caps without attending to detail too and have always marveled when I see used lenses for sale with original caps in good condition... I could never tell you which rear cap came with which lens.. this clip is a good solution but i don't really want to buy something that I have to buy for every single cap. I am thinking some kind of clip on pocket for my cheapo sling strap would be nice...

Back side of a binder clip is definitely thick enough to accommodate the cap's rim. Now, clip that to your camera strap
08-20-2014, 02:29 PM   #36
Veteran Member

I think it's a general rule of thumb that when you resort to posting a picture of a binder clip, you've already lost the argument!

Who would have known opinions would be so sharply divided? The great Lens Cap War of 2014. A moderator may have to step in and shut things down soon!

Last edited by Edgar_in_Indy; 08-20-2014 at 02:38 PM.
08-20-2014, 03:30 PM - 1 Like   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I'm a man.. my purse is already full of screwdrivers, wrenches, WD40,..
My Dad used to squawk about my Mom and me having such big purses. But recently I got a smaller bag and I was using it for a while and he suddenly realized he couldn't just hand me whatever it was he needed stored while we were running around and he said, and I quote, "You know I think you need a bigger purse." I totally laughed but fact is I inevitably end up carrying around almost as much of HIS crap as I do my own and that's why I do need a big purse! I think all men should all just carry a bag and be done with it already. They have man purses now. But my Dad is old school and in his generation men did not carry purses. It was just not manly. He still does it all the time though even though the new walker I got him has a basket for storing things. Eh, he squawked big time about that too but now he won't go around without it. :P

08-20-2014, 05:17 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
... I think all men should all just carry a bag and be done with it already. They have man purses now....
<cricket chirps> <dead silence> <more cricket chirps>

A cold breeze just blew down my neck. <shudder>
08-20-2014, 05:44 PM   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
As far as women's clothes go not all of them have pockets to put a lens cap in. I have mostly shirts with no pockets and the pants, capris, etc don't always have back pockets or have no pockets at all. Purse and camera in the woods? Nah! Usually I end up doing a lens cap hunt, left it in the car? Camera bag? Backpack purse? Pocket? Aww... It's broken at the bottom of the washing machine. I might be needing some sort of clip thingie!