Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

inexpensive alternate for lens hood

for those of you who want to use a lens hood for your 16-45mm but are having trouble coping with the cost of original Pentax replacements (Pentax wants $64 US for a new one) I validated that a cheap "67mm Tulip Lens Hood" works perfectly with no vignetting and provides similar coverage as the stock Pentax item at a fraction of the cost (search on eBay or your favorite online site). Here is a photo showing what it looks like mounted on the 16-45mm on a K-3:

As a side note I have had this particular lens hood for over ten years -- I used to use it with some of my 67mm large format lenses as used on my Linhof Technikaran back in the day! Anyway, happy it works with this cute little lens, a lens I usually pack on my travels to pair with the 60-250mm for a nice lightweight travel kit.

YMMV

Michael

08-17-2014, 04:11 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There are a few places to obtain templates to make your own hoods. You print them on paper or other material and cut them out. Black felt or rubber work good too. These are especially if you need to place the lens against glass to prevent reflections (like through windows or at a aquariums.

Free printable cardboard lens hoods
Digital lens hoods