Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-24-2014, 03:46 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A side point:
You know how oily aperture blades are bad on most camera lenses? Not normally a problem on preset lenses like the Flektogons! I mean, you will find some with oil on the aperture blades, but since you are stopping it down yourself prior to taking the shot, it isn't a deal-killer. You can find some bargains when sellers discount them for this defect.

I got a 200mm f5.6 Tele-Takumar for $15 for this reason. (Killer lens, very overlooked!)

08-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery
I love the feeling from my good old Flek 35/2.4. The 2.8 has even closer minimum focusing distance! Lovely lens to use. Looks stunning. It may not have the contrast of a modern lens but that is easily fixable and gives you more leverage in post production. If you have a bargain, you certainly can't go wrong with this one. One of the better old 35s for sure. Essentially, I love it for its versatility. You can do everything you would with other 35mm lenses but it allows you to get nice close ups as well.