Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Anyone able to identify these lenses?

Anyone able to identify these lenses?

05-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
Ed in GA

The one on the camera looks like a Takumar 28-80. It's not an "SMC" lens, Of course, it might not be one of those.
05-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ed in GA Quote
The one on the camera looks like a Takumar 28-80. It's not an "SMC" lens, Of course, it might not be one of those.
That could be right, the only thing I know is that one is a 28-80. The other info I got is that and I quote "The little one is 58mm the middle one 55mm and the big one is 72mm" .
05-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #4

The red stripe around the barrel of "the big one" makes me think it might be a Tokina AT-X. Maybe a 300 f/4 or a 400 f/5.6.

Just a guess. And I'm bored at work on a beautiful afternoon.

05-10-2008, 01:02 PM   #5

Are You kidding?

Someone tells You about filter sizes :-)
Sorry, but no info on lenses except that this 72mm looks promising (large front element is good for light).
Best and happy choices, JR
05-10-2008, 01:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Im leaning towards

Tokina SL 400 mm f5.6 SD

Angle of view 610'
Closest focusing 4,0m
Elements and groups 8/5
Filter size 72 mm
Length 207,5mm
Weight 980 g

for the big one.

Reference for that one is
05-10-2008, 01:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Reps Quote
Someone tells You about filter sizes :-)
Sorry, but no info on lenses except that this 72mm looks promising (large front element is good for light).
Best and happy choices, JR

It happens alot when you browse auctions that says "old camera" . People that got their camera at a fleemarket or something and don't know anything about the camera they own.
05-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zewrak Quote
Im leaning towards

Tokina SL 400 mm f5.6 SD

Angle of view 610'
Closest focusing 4,0m
Elements and groups 8/5
Filter size 72 mm
Length 207,5mm
Weight 980 g

for the big one.

Reference for that one is
I'm pretty sure that's the one. I'm looking at my copy right in front of me, and it looks exactly the same.

05-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Hapo Quote
I'm pretty sure that's the one. I'm looking at my copy right in front of me, and it looks exactly the same.
I find it odd, the owner insists there is no text what so ever printed on it. But from that picture it seem that there is a text inside the filterthread.

Could you supply some textpictures with it and perhaps an opinion about the lens in general?

She states that the only text she can see is on a 2x teleconverter thats fitted on it.

Last edited by Zewrak; 05-10-2008 at 02:17 PM.
05-10-2008, 02:35 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well not important anymore. Just found out the reservation price was set to 500$. *grin*
05-10-2008, 03:24 PM   #11
Site Supporter

another swede

I'm still waiting for the day when some bumhead who don't know the difference between the filter diameter and the focal length will sell some really fine lens for a song. But I have an older version of the 400, which looks very similar, except for the red line (probably the same optical solution), and it is a very modestly performing lens that I bought for a song looong ago. Doesn't it look like the converter is sitting on the other lens?
Generally does not look like this is worth what she is asking for.

You know, I saw the add to, but didn't even bother to worry about what the lenses were when I saw how messed up the info was. Too much of that.
05-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
I'm still waiting for the day when some bumhead who don't know the difference between the filter diameter and the focal length will sell some really fine lens for a song. But I have an older version of the 400, which looks very similar, except for the red line (probably the same optical solution), and it is a very modestly performing lens that I bought for a song looong ago. Doesn't it look like the converter is sitting on the other lens?
Generally does not look like this is worth what she is asking for.

You know, I saw the add to, but didn't even bother to worry about what the lenses were when I saw how messed up the info was. Too much of that.
It really piss me off though. We had a looong mail conversation (over 20 mails) and at the start I said that I only had intrest in that lens etc. And that 800 SEK was about what I could give for it (on ebay there is another atm for about 1200 SEK). Anyways, she said Id just have to bid and hope for the best, fair enough I said. She wouldnt split it up and so on so forth and she wanted what she asked for it. (this was before the auction restarted, I didnt know it was still up for auction). Anyways, then she goes on about that she has a digitalcamera and no use for an old camera like that. And I told her id bid 800 SEK.

We continued discussing the state of the lens and she said herself that it was old and not sold anymore (which i already knew but anyways). So once again I said, that 800 SEK was fair and Id bid it. Then she says "Well that doesnt mean you get it, you have not reached reservation with only 800SEK" and I ask "Oh, whats the reservation then?". "3000SEK. I would never sell a fine camera like that for only 800.- if I don't get 3000SEK for it, I'll just let it collect dust.".

YES! SHE ACCTUALLY SAID "I'll just let it collect dust.". I mean, COME ON, why the hell do people want to store stuff in drawers that they will never ever use?! She doesn't even know what she has, yet its "such a fine camera" that she can't sell it for a fair price. Why don't people allow others that want to USE an item do that?

Reservation prices are STUPID. Why if you don't want to sell it for less then X, do you start an auction on Y?

grrr. On to the next subject. A Chinon 300mm .
05-10-2008, 05:00 PM   #13
Veteran Member

The "middle one" looks like a telephoto + teleconverter combination.

Cheers!

Abbazz
05-11-2008, 04:12 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Abbazz Quote
The "middle one" looks like a telephoto + teleconverter combination.

Cheers!

Abbazz
The Tamron 90mm 2.5 macro maybe?
05-11-2008, 03:04 PM   #15
Site Supporter

Well, you did see her alias at tradera, right? I'd say that it suits her.

I checked with my copy, the 72 mm is consistent with the Tokina 400/5.6. Red line may mean it is a never version than mine, if you are lucky with KA, but probably the same optical solution.

Pentax has never made any lenses with 55 or 72 mm filters, so they have to be third party (Filter Sizes for Pentax Lenses (and Filter Response Characteristics of Pentax Filters) - Mark Roberts Photography). What the lens with the 55 mm filter could be I don't even want to guess. Statistics would probably suggest a 3rd party 135 mm.

The 58 mm filter is consistent with the F or FA 28-80/3.5-4.5, considering the camera probably the former.