Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2014, 10:29 AM   #1

just got sigma 17-70mm on a k30

My wife and I got the sigma contemporary 17-70 as a replacement all around to the kit lens.

Got it from amazon warehouse as "like new - unused" for $350 so I figure its a deal anyway.

We love its versatility, but riddle me this... When recording video, it absolutely refuses to auto focus with the AF button on the face of the camera. It seeks a bit, but just ends up blurrier and blurrier. Is this normal? its not that hard to manual focus during video, but kind of a pain while recording a 1 year old running around.

09-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by djpattiecake Quote
My wife and I got the sigma contemporary 17-70 as a replacement all around to the kit lens.

Got it from amazon warehouse as "like new - unused" for $350 so I figure its a deal anyway.

We love its versatility, but riddle me this... When recording video, it absolutely refuses to auto focus with the AF button on the face of the camera. It seeks a bit, but just ends up blurrier and blurrier. Is this normal? its not that hard to manual focus during video, but kind of a pain while recording a 1 year old running around.
Is the AF performance about the same with the 18-55mm? During recording the K-30's AF isn't stellar. It only makes fine adjustments so it won't get the job done for fast-moving objects.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Is the AF performance about the same with the 18-55mm? During recording the K-30's AF isn't stellar. It only makes fine adjustments so it won't get the job done for fast-moving objects.
it wouldnt focus on stationary objects during video. the autofocus while shooting stills is great