Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2014, 02:25 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Takumar lens hoods

Hello

I am searching for original lens hood for the Takumar 135mm f3.5. It has 46mm filter size. Does anyone have any info about shuch a hood?

I do have the hoods for the 55mm and 58mm as well as a hood marked asahiflex 83mm f1.9, but I have not seen one for the 135mm.

All info is very much welcomed

09-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I have the Takumar 135mm f3.5, in a screw mount. It is a 49mm filter size, not of 46mm.
Lens hood that I have is mark Takumar 1:3.5 135mm 1:4 150mm. Hope this helps.
Sorry, I do not have one for sale.

Stay safe and have fun.

Joe.
09-06-2014, 07:12 AM   #3

If you mean M42 mount Takumar 135 f/3.5 (silver version) then it uses two part hood without lens designation that was compatible with 105 f/2.8 preset lens. Both parts of the hood are black painted not the later ones where you have silver and black part. You can use SERIES VII filters with these hoods.
09-06-2014, 09:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by promacjoe Quote
I have the Takumar 135mm f3.5, in a screw mount. It is a 49mm filter size, not of 46mm.
Lens hood that I have is mark Takumar 1:3.5 135mm 1:4 150mm. Hope this helps.
Sorry, I do not have one for sale.

Stay safe and have fun.

Joe.
The OP is talking about a lens like this:

That's the preset version. At some point after this, they went up to 49mm filter size for the Auto-Takumar, Super-Takumar, etc.

09-06-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
The OP is talking about a lens like this:

That's the preset version. At some point after this, they went up to 49mm filter size for the Auto-Takumar, Super-Takumar, etc.

I knew that there were several versions of this lens. I was just quoting what my lens and lens hood said on it.
I was not trying to dispute anything. Since there was no part number given, or picture, it was difficult to tell which versions he was talking about. I was only giving actual information that I had, nothing more.

Stay safe and have fun.

Joe.
09-06-2014, 11:48 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's tough talking about the preset version, because all it says is Takumar. So using the full name sounds just like a generic description, though the lens is unique. The lens has no visible part number either, though I suppose there is one in a catalog.
09-06-2014, 01:31 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Sorry if I was unclear about the specific version, hoped that refering to the filter size helped narrow it down. There are two preset versions of this lens, one chrome and black, and a later all black version. It is, as Just1moreDave writes, the early version that I am after info on.

QuoteOriginally posted by KPbICA Quote
If you mean M42 mount Takumar 135 f/3.5 (silver version) then it uses two part hood without lens designation that was compatible with 105 f/2.8 preset lens. Both parts of the hood are black painted not the later ones where you have silver and black part. You can use SERIES VII filters with these hoods.
Do you have a photo of such a hood?

12-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #8

Takumar 135mm 46mm lens hood

Hi

I have one of these in excellent condition, if you're still looking, with it's leather case.

Tell me what you'd like to pay. Shipping from NZ would be about $10 I guess. Send an email if interested

Cheers
Graeme
12-14-2014, 05:59 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graemea Quote
Hi

I have one of these in excellent condition, if you're still looking, with it's leather case.

Tell me what you'd like to pay. Shipping from NZ would be about $10 I guess. Send an email if interested

Cheers
Graeme
Hey

PM sent.

Regards
Baard-E