Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2007, 11:17 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I obviously can't get the 16-50 anymore, but it may be a close race. The advantages of this lens, however, include FF support as well as Power Zoom and a 100% metal construction.

I guess we'll have lots of comparing to make when the DA*'s finally arrive, though.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-30-2007, 12:39 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Not to pour cold water on excitement but just have to say it...

Isn't a follow up on a high bid like this one on e-bay one of the noted scams? That is, an e-mail comes in to say that the winning bid has fallen over and you are invited to rebid.

Due diligence needed here I would say Adam and that you have all the assurances and insurances well and truly in place.
01-30-2007, 08:02 AM   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I talked to the seller personally over the phone, actually, and everthing is in order.

I wouldn't get myself into a trap like that...

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

excellent

QuoteOriginally posted by Mo Quote
I obviously can't get the 16-50 anymore, but it may be a close race. The advantages of this lens, however, include FF support as well as Power Zoom and a 100% metal construction.

I guess we'll have lots of comparing to make when the DA*'s finally arrive, though.
Nice score on this one Adam!

That's the other reason why I wanted the FA* lenses: FF for the future. Of course, the optical quality is amazing...

01-30-2007, 07:01 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think the seller is legit. I've watched him put up expensive camera gear up for auction before. He sets a high price, but the pictures of the equipment indicate the gear is extremely clean. He obviously researches the prices before he auctions them.

Congratulations Mo on your latest acquisition. How are you going to hold the camera now that you've only got one arm and one leg left?
01-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #21
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by tranq78 Quote
I think the seller is legit. I've watched him put up expensive camera gear up for auction before. He sets a high price, but the pictures of the equipment indicate the gear is extremely clean. He obviously researches the prices before he auctions them.

Congratulations Mo on your latest acquisition. How are you going to hold the camera now that you've only got one arm and one leg left?
The lens was shipped today, and the seller even threw in 2 free (and new) Hoya filters.

It's already hard enough to imagine that this will be my new walk-around lens...

Adam

01-31-2007, 12:33 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Good to hear that, I was just reading aother forum thread on an Oz site about a guy who just managed to retrieve his money after nearly being scammed so I thought I'd do the community service thing. Congrats on the purchase and look forward to reading the in depth review in the Lens Review Data base .

01-31-2007, 08:27 PM   #23

Geez another one MO?

Looks like folks are gonna change your name to "MO MONEY" OR "NO MO MONEY"