Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2014, 04:48 PM   #1
Senior Member
G.E.Zekai's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 199
Pentax Lens Prices + Availability for EU ?

I was wondering when Ricoh/Pentax will try to invest more in EU, UK for my case, both for advertisement and dealers.

When Ricoh purchased Pentax most of the dealers stopped selling Pentax stuff because of contract issues or this is what i have been told by the shops. Even at ebay finding Pentax stuff is quite hard.

The lens prices are another issue too! and i am not mentioning 500 dollar lens being 500 STG. Its just the lens prices went bananas few years ago, around Ricoh, and they refuse coming down. Also the new HD coated lens just pushed the bar even more.

16-50 f2.8 for 735 ?

12-24 f4 for 719 ?

Not even mentioning 50-135 and 60-250 (which some sellers sell them around 1000 and 1600 but some of them are quite reasonable)

09-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,345
Keep in mind that EU prices include VAT, which either doesn't apply to or is added on top of prices in the US and elsewhere. I'm afraid the price increases are probably here to stay- Ricoh much be able to sell their lenses at the current pricing, otherwise they would have gone down by now

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-09-2014, 05:23 PM   #3
Senior Member
G.E.Zekai's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 199
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Keep in mind that EU prices include VAT, which either doesn't apply to or is added on top of prices in the US and elsewhere. I'm afraid the price increases are probably here to stay- Ricoh much be able to sell their lenses at the current pricing, otherwise they would have gone down by now
I totally understand Adam and its fairly normal to have vast price difference between US & EU. However, especially on zoom lenses, Pentax branded lenses cost as much as Canikon FF lenses.

Pentax 16-50 f2.8 is 735, Canon 24-70 f4 is around 550 and f2.8 is 1100. If Pentax just costed 100 less that would be a bargain however lens prices are quite high. Especially when you think Pentax bodies being cheaper than their counterparts.



Note: As much as i would have loved WR i went to Tammy 17-50 which i found for 180 brand new inc 1 year warranty!
09-10-2014, 02:33 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 48,345
QuoteOriginally posted by G.E.Zekai Quote
I totally understand Adam and its fairly normal to have vast price difference between US & EU. However, especially on zoom lenses, Pentax branded lenses cost as much as Canikon FF lenses.

Pentax 16-50 f2.8 is 735, Canon 24-70 f4 is around 550 and f2.8 is 1100. If Pentax just costed 100 less that would be a bargain however lens prices are quite high. Especially when you think Pentax bodies being cheaper than their counterparts.



Note: As much as i would have loved WR i went to Tammy 17-50 which i found for 180 brand new inc 1 year warranty!
That's a pretty awesome deal on the Tamron!


Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-10-2014, 02:43 AM   #5
Pentaxian
cxdoo's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Limassol, Cyprus
Posts: 1,092
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That's a pretty awesome deal on the Tamron!

I got Tamron (new, 5 year warranty) for 300 EUR shipped to Cyprus. At that time, cheapest I could find DA*16-50 was around 950EUR. A non-starter.
09-10-2014, 06:20 AM   #6
Senior Member
G.E.Zekai's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 199
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cxdoo Quote
I got Tamron (new, 5 year warranty) for 300 EUR shipped to Cyprus. At that time, cheapest I could find DA*16-50 was around 950EUR. A non-starter.
Its pretty decent deal for Cyprus, i couldn't even found anything related to Pentax there. And you are the FIRST Pentax user i know from Cyprus besides myself!
09-16-2014, 02:55 AM   #7
Pentaxian
cxdoo's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Limassol, Cyprus
Posts: 1,092
QuoteOriginally posted by G.E.Zekai Quote
Its pretty decent deal for Cyprus, i couldn't even found anything related to Pentax there. And you are the FIRST Pentax user i know from Cyprus besides myself!
With Schnitzer79 there is three of us. Two of us being in Limassol is something like highest concentration of Pentaxians in this part of the world.
09-16-2014, 02:58 AM   #8
Senior Member
G.E.Zekai's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 199
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cxdoo Quote
With Schnitzer79 there is three of us. Two of us being in Limassol is something like highest concentration of Pentaxians in this part of the world.
HAHA. I believe i saw a Pentax MX around Nicosia but thats it. I was at a photo-walk in UK last year, around 200 photographers and i had the only "Pentax".

09-16-2014, 06:42 AM   #9
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 39,659
QuoteOriginally posted by G.E.Zekai Quote
around 200 photographers and i had the only "Pentax"
Now doesn't that make you feel special.
09-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #10
Senior Member
G.E.Zekai's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 199
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Now doesn't that make you feel special.
More like hipster But standing out of crowd feels good
09-16-2014, 04:04 PM   #11
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 39,659
QuoteOriginally posted by G.E.Zekai Quote
standing out of crowd feels good
Always.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
availability for eu, dealers, eu, k-mount, lens, lens prices availability, pentax, pentax lens, pentax lens prices, price, prices, ricoh, slr lens, stuff, uk, value
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Lens Prices? alamo5000 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 12 07-19-2013 02:20 PM
Pentax lens prices: a 25% cut is urgently needed utak Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 12 10-12-2012 07:42 AM
90mm macro lens for EU kp0c Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 2 10-17-2010 03:44 PM
Photographic Equipment for Sale for EU (from EU users) temo Site Suggestions and Help 3 05-30-2010 09:25 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:32 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top