Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-28-2014, 06:54 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very very strange Takumar 1.4/50 on eBay UK

The front ring tells "SMC Takumar 1.4/50"
The outside design is of a K series lens
On the back, it has the M/A switch and the aperture coupling for the late spotmatics
But is has a K bayonet and also the aperture coupling and actuator of the K- and M-lenses

From the pictures it seems to have a detachable bayonet, and without it it acts as a true late M42 lens.
I first thought it is just a Takumar fittet with a flanged M42/K adapter, but then it would not additionally offer the couplings of a K-bayonet, and also not the outside K design.

Has anyone ever seen such a lens?

PENTAX SMC TAKUMAR F1.4 50MM | eBay

09-28-2014, 06:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nothing strange about it. This is normal SMC takumar, with M42 screw mount with additional metal square pin/ catch that will enable an wide open metering on Pentax ES cameras. Completely normal version.
09-28-2014, 07:03 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
@manntax

Please read again what I wrote, and have a close look at the details of the picture, and then say that again.
09-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #4
On Hiatus. Back Later.
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Uhhhhmmm - Looks just like two of these I have on my shelf. Common as dirt, as indicated by the $6.40 price - well, the 55/1.8 is common as dirt. Unless I'm missing something these aren't unusual.

09-28-2014, 07:10 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
OK, now I found in our data base the youngest Takumars had the outside look of the K lenses.

But even if it is fittet with a flanged K adapter, what baffles me is what looks like a K bayonet aperture actuator.
Unfortunately our data base does not show a late Takumar from the backside.

EDIT
I don't own a Takumar from that late series. Do they really use the same (compatible) aperture actuator as the K/M lenses?
EDIT 2
This would not have made much sense, as I don't think the position of the start/end of a M42 thread is precise enough.

OK, it seems I was wong and I will try to close this thread.
Apologies.

Last edited by RKKS08; 09-28-2014 at 07:20 AM.
09-28-2014, 07:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RKKS08 Quote
OK, now I found in our data base the youngest Takumars had the outside look of the K lenses. But even if it is fittet with a flanged K adapter, what baffles me is what looks like a K bayonet aperture actuator. Unfortunately our data base does not show a late Takumar from the backside. EDIT I don't own a Takumar from that late series. Do they really use the same (compatible) aperture actuator as the K/M lenses?
@manntax Please read again what I wrote, and have a close look at the details of the picture, and then say that again.
I think I know what am looking at.. this lens is completely normal Takumar M42 with updated mount for aperture readout for ES (electro spotmatic cameras)
09-28-2014, 07:24 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by manntax Quote
I think I know what am looking at.. this lens is completely normal Takumar M42 with updated mount for aperture readout for ES (electro spotmatic cameras)
You are right, my apologies.
09-28-2014, 07:27 AM   #8
Veteran Member

You are right, my apologies.
No need to apology - initially, seeing how you insisted I even though that perhaps you saw something different, maybe an extra photo that seller had removed after he spotted the mistake.

09-28-2014, 09:45 AM   #9
Pentaxian

I've got two I can sell you just like it.