Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-05-2015, 08:55 PM   #61

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
That shot was obviously taken in very poor light - and the result is very good.

But, again, I would ask as to which body you were using and which the OP of this part of the thread will be using, and also does he want to print as large as you obviously do?
thanks all for the comments.

i have a k50, no large prints, personal only. and i'm leaving in 2 days, so no time to buy new lens lol. i'm not one to go up and talk to people very much so i likely wont be taking portrait shots. i'm leaning towards the 18-55mm, 35mm, and 70-300mm.

10-05-2015, 11:35 PM   #62
Veteran Member

That shot was obviously taken in very poor light - and the result is very good.

But, again, I would ask as to which body you were using and which the OP of this part of the thread will be using, and also does he want to print as large as you obviously do?
Sure, like every night in every city It is not especially un-common.

Yes, usually I don't take that many shoots in low light, but I think on the occasion it can be useful. My experience has been that except for UWA (for example DA15), you'd prefer f/2.8 or faster when you shoot in low light... Otherwise the noise tend to be very visible. So having a lense like the DA35 allow you to capture theses moments when you need it and it take very small place in the bag.

That may just be I'am more sensitive than you. But this also show that is not always easy to translate our personnal experience into things that apply to everybody !

Indelible for sure is not interrested in what I proposed for the use of the 70-300... Because we have all different usages and habits. But he is still going to take it apparently.

Last edited by Nicolas06; 10-05-2015 at 11:42 PM.
10-05-2015, 11:36 PM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by indelible Quote
thanks all for the comments.

i have a k50, no large prints, personal only. and i'm leaving in 2 days, so no time to buy new lens lol. i'm not one to go up and talk to people very much so i likely wont be taking portrait shots. i'm leaning towards the 18-55mm, 35mm, and 70-300mm.
Look like a nice combo, you can cover many case with this gear !
10-06-2015, 12:46 PM   #64

Photos: Gallery | Albums
See post #49, so it's not Germany - and I don't think the camera body in question has been mentioned.
The OP is going to germany and mentioned a camera body:

QuoteOriginally posted by teylix Quote
Hey guys.

I'm going to be traveling to Germany for christmas time. I was wondering what you guys think would make for some great photos.

I have a K-30 camera and
You were replying to another poster who chimed in with a similar question. I Agree with you, though, that if you like to shoot wide, a wide aperture is less critical ( valid for both questions) .

10-06-2015, 01:53 PM   #65

QuoteOriginally posted by beeldmark Quote
The OP is going to germany and mentioned a camera body:

You were replying to another poster who chimed in with a similar question. I Agree with you, though, that if you like to shoot wide, a wide aperture is less critical ( valid for both questions) .
Sorry for the confusion, I guess I should've created my own thread. Just seemed it would be a little redundant with the same title haha.
10-06-2015, 02:16 PM   #66

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by indelible Quote
Sorry for the confusion, I guess I should've created my own thread. Just seemed it would be a little redundant with the same title haha.
Looks like a good trip you've planned. And most of the advice applies to you as well as the OP, I guess ( just as probably the majority of " what lens to take" threads. :-) But I still like to read what choices people make and why. ) Have fun!