Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2014, 10:00 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Tak 200/5.6 is the most beautiful telephoto by any brand, ever.

10-03-2014, 10:48 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Who can see what they're focussed on? My theory, focus on what you think is the spot with AF.. then stop down to cover if you are inaccurate.

Man that lens is so skinny it doesn't even cover the red dot..

I have quite big hands compared with the average guy... but I have never had any issues using that tiny lens to be honest... is it really that hard to use!?
10-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
The Tak 200/5.6 is the most beautiful telephoto by any brand, ever.
I actually think it is a very nice looking lens too. It is just the scale that is weird maybe on the K5.

Yet another excuse I don't need to get a Q or an m-module for my GXR to see how it looks on a smaller camera.

(All joking aside, I don't really care what my camera looks like. But I was surprised on the weekend when some stranger came up and pointed at it and said "I don't know what THAT is, but this is what a camera looks like nowadays". He was holding an iphone and then asked me to take a picture of him and his wife with it!)
10-03-2014, 11:00 AM   #19
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tr1ckyn1ck Quote
I actually think it is a very nice looking lens too. It is just the scale that is weird maybe on the K5.

Yet another excuse I don't need to get a Q or an m-module for my GXR to see how it looks on a smaller camera.

(All joking aside, I don't really care what my camera looks like. But I was surprised on the weekend when some stranger came up and pointed at it and said "I don't know what THAT is, but this is what a camera looks like nowadays". He was holding an iphone and then asked me to take a picture of him and his wife with it!)
Didn't you mistakenly drop his "camera" in the first pond nearby? Knowing how clumsy I am, I know I would of...

10-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Voigtländer had that skinny looking lenses on big bodies natively. Looks ridiculus and awesome at the same time.
10-03-2014, 10:23 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nothing wrong with your K-5 looking like its happy to see you!

You need to be accosted by a better class of stranger, I think.
10-04-2014, 07:44 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Nothing wrong with your K-5 looking like its happy to see you!

You need to be accosted by a better class of stranger, I think.
A much much classier ....class of stranger..

When I went around with my K20D and silver Triotar 135mm f4 (which is roughly the same size as the takumar 200mm f5.6) I got funny glances all the time. Strangely very often parents didn't mind me taking pictures of their children, they probably thought I was some kind of educated hipster with a penchant for old camera gear, safe enough to hang around. (when things got awkward I'd flash my school ID for assurance) Doing that nowadays with a K-3 and the Sigma 300mm f2.8 looks downright creepy. It much prefer the Pentax-F 135mm f2.8 for candid portraiture, small, sharp, lighting fast AF.

K20D + CJZ Triotar 135mm f4 ----semi-candid shot, the children were playing in their own backyard (complete with an excavator), beats watching Bob the builder on TV. And no, he's not calling his dad because of the creepy camera guy (he standing besides me)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 

Last edited by Stavri; 10-04-2014 at 08:54 AM.
10-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Perhaps I will cut the bottom out of one of those Canon 70-200mm coffee mugs to disguise it!

Maybe buy one of those "rain sleeves" and shape it? But meh, let people stare. They sometimes look weird when I manually focus an old preset lens, but the yellow K-01 looks so different, the old lens doesn't even stand out as much