Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
10-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Lose the original lens cap? Use the cap from any plastic canister of 35 mm film. Perfect fit

10-07-2014, 03:56 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Basset Quote
Lose the original lens cap? Use the cap from any plastic canister of 35 mm film. Perfect fit
Wow, hadn't heard that... will check as soon as I get home! Thanks for the tip.
10-07-2014, 06:06 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pablom Quote
Photography is for fun, of course you should get it
This is fantastic advice to live by. I can't wait to share it with my wife!
10-09-2014, 08:34 AM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
...you WILL lose the lens cap...

Not only that, you will lose the lens itself! I have one that came with the K-01, but for the life of me I can't find the bloomin' thing. It must be tucked in some bag somewhere, but it's so small it could be anywhere. I just figure I'll stumble across it someday when I'm not looking and it will be like a new gift again.

10-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Contrary to some rumour circling around - I personally find this lens to be extremely sharp - for what it is I'd hardly expect anything more. besides it is also covering the full frame and pretty good performer on film - so all in all - a very neat lens that can come in handy ! Often if I go with one lens - I pick zoom for convenience, but then I ALWAYS get this - so for me one lenses usually means 1 + 40mm XS :P

PS: Below two sharpness samples - make sure you don't get anything much worse than that, otherwise you copy could be faulty ( this is where rumour mentioned comes from probably - people get faulty lens and assume this is how they are ).
f2.8

f5.6
10-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the DA40-Ltd instead of the DA40-XS. For what it is and all it does, I find the DA21-Ltd to be far more useful and almost as small.
If it is only about how it looks on the camera, consider how the DA21-Ltd looks in its rectangular "masque" hood with a dark ND filter behind it.
10-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
I have the DA40-Ltd instead of the DA40-XS. For what it is and all it does, I find the DA21-Ltd to be far more useful and almost as small.
If it is only about how it looks on the camera, consider how the DA21-Ltd looks in its rectangular "masque" hood with a dark ND filter behind it.
The 21 is damn sexy, for sure.