Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
11-30-2014, 07:27 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
My big Black Friday purchases have all been things that were needed. A new wet/dry shop vac. Not exciting but very useful. I also bought a new router. I was getting tired of unplugging my old one 3 times every day and resetting it.
On the camera side, I ordered the Sigma 150-500. I have been in need of an AF telephoto for a while and the current sale price is very,very good. Sigma has had a $200 instant rebate for a couple of months and I was kicking it around and when the made it a $300 rebate, it was hard to resist. This lens has been on my radar for a while.
Congrats on the Sigma!

I caved on a desktop that I've wanted for a while - note I said wanted and not needed. Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 processor, 12GB DDR3 ram, lots of USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, plus an SSD to use as the primary O/S drive.

This is the first Black Friday not buying any lenses. I've whittled down to my favorite 4 lenses now and am very happy with what I have.

11-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

For Black Friday I traded the venerable and trusty Subaru and bought my wife (i.e. my wife bought and I was present) a 2015 Mini Cooper HT.

It has the optional white turn signal lenses. As close to a Beemer as I'll ever get.

That sorta killed any designs I might have had on a DA*300.
11-30-2014, 08:23 AM   #48
Pentaxian

I'm waiting to see if a Black Friday deal on a Pentax FF will tempt me next year...
11-30-2014, 11:19 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I successfully got through Black Friday with NO lens purchases! I am still congratulating myself on my resolve. I did have the 20-40 and the 31mm up on separate tabs in my browser all day. Torturing myself I guess, but in the end I persevered and did not click. That price on the 31mm was very tempting.

What I really want, and have the cash saved for, is a fast zoom in the 20-80ish range. f/4 would be fine. I guess I will wait until next year.

11-30-2014, 11:24 AM   #50

For Black Friday I bought a wireless keyboard, a pair of V-moda headphones and a five million dollar Crumpler bag. I'm still contemplating buying a new camera and/or a lens. Maybe there will be some extra special deals on Cyber Monday.
11-30-2014, 11:30 AM - 2 Likes   #51
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

• A new K5IIs with extended warranty (which is the best deal around)
  • A new 60-250
  • A very gently used 1.4xTC - Pentax did not oblige on the Black Friday pricing, but this used a couple of times price from a user moving to a FF Sony, hit my price point.
  • An AS plate for the 60-250 foot
  • An AS rotating clamp for my geared head
Check book closed.... My cash envelope in my sock drawer is now extremely thin. They are now all stuck on USPS & UPS trucks, mired somewhere in the big Nor'Easter snow storm back east.....

11-30-2014, 11:31 AM   #52

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
Congrats on the Sigma!

I caved on a desktop that I've wanted for a while - note I said wanted and not needed. Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 processor, 12GB DDR3 ram, lots of USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, plus an SSD to use as the primary O/S drive.

This is the first Black Friday not buying any lenses. I've whittled down to my favorite 4 lenses now and am very happy with what I have.
I have an 8700. Bought it last year when Costco was offering it at a great price. Did not plan on buying a Dell because of my negative experiences with them but it was a great deal and purchasing it from Costco I knew that they would stand behind the product. I want to upgrade the GPU and will probably have to upgrade the power supply. Hope you like your new system.

11-30-2014, 11:51 AM   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Sadly, I haven't bought anything, although I did buy something over at Promediagear, but nothing like usual. I *was* going to pick up a K5IIs, but the price is within $200-300 of a K3, so it doesn't make sense.

<sigh>

First world problems eh?
11-30-2014, 12:50 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Sadly, I haven't bought anything, although I did buy something over at Promediagear, but nothing like usual. I *was* going to pick up a K5IIs, but the price is within $200-300 of a K3, so it doesn't make sense.

<sigh>

First world problems eh?
I agree, better get the K-3 for that difference...
11-30-2014, 01:00 PM - 1 Like   #55
Pentaxian

Didn't buy anything. That 500 4.5 sigma from a couple months ago emptied the wallet.
11-30-2014, 01:05 PM   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
Didn't buy anything. That 500 4.5 sigma from a couple months ago emptied the wallet.
but surely filled a gap ?

11-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #57
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by iamwhoiam Quote
I have an 8700. Bought it last year when Costco was offering it at a great price. Did not plan on buying a Dell because of my negative experiences with them but it was a great deal and purchasing it from Costco I knew that they would stand behind the product. I want to upgrade the GPU and will probably have to upgrade the power supply. Hope you like your new system.
Thanks. This isn't a huge upgrade to what I have now, but for the price I couldn't beat it. It's still in the box - going to get it out over the Christmas holiday and get it set up then.
11-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #58
Veteran Member

I picked up the DA*55 this year for BF. That was all I was going to get until I saw the sale price on the FA31 at the Pentax webstore. I think I'm set as far as the lenses I want, but I've still got my fingers crossed the Cactus RF60 flash and/or V6 transmitter will go on sale on Monday.
11-30-2014, 02:36 PM   #59
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Weevil Quote
but surely filled a gap ?

Indeed.
11-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was looking at the DA 12-24mm. Looks like a great lens Not sure I need since I have the DA SMC 15mm LTD, which I love and never will part with!