Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
10-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RAART Quote
Thank you for the response! The thing is that I hesitated for Sigma 85mm just in regards of color cast while as you I do like Pentax colors. I know that in PP everything can be adjusted but why I do bother myself and even for fast shooting where I need to deliver in less than one day I use sometimes JPG with quick adjustments in Lightroom and all is good. Strange is that as you reported 85mm Sigma has cool tones and my zoom Sigmas have a warm tone.
I have to check new Sigma 35mm Art again on the color cast.
(My uncle owns it and let me use whenever I need it; He got himself a Pentax K3 on my recommendation and after my K5II blow his Canon gear with new Zeiss 50 1.4 lens on it. I had just Super-Takumar 50mm 1.4 attached and I must admit that Zeiss was slightly better wide open but when he compared photographs on his power mac he loved the sharpness of the super-tak and raved about colors too. One more Pentax lover has been born. BTW his Canon camera had more pixels than Pentax, do not rememberthe model anymore as it is sold with 600 shutter count only).

Wondering how different will be color cast, compared on K3, taken with 35mm Art and 31 Ltd but I do not have 31Ltd to test it.

Summa Summarum I guess that I have to look for FA85mm or maybe 77Ltd. and as you said I will wait a bit for new 85 Art. I guess in the meantime I will get Samyang 85mm just to have fun with it unless I can get FA85 for cheap... but this will be a dream.

Thank you again!
The Art series (with newer better coating) should have a better rendering. I own the 18-35mm f1.8 and it's a much welcomed improvement over the Ex line. The 35mm f1.4 Art should render better....