Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-02-2014, 12:24 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
definitely that sigma 18-35 1.8 is at the top of every Pentaxian's wish list......perhaps the next contest?
Soon it will change when ff comes out :-)

11-02-2014, 01:20 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Similar to FA/A*200 F4, the price of this lens in used market rises like a rocket due to rarity. I am not attracted by this lens. Before out of production, it was not regarded as a super-star lens as I heard.
I beg to differ, the Voigtlander Macro APO-Lanthar 125mm f2.5 had serious cult status before it was discontinued in K-mount. The photos from that thing are sweeeeet!

As for other lenses being compared to pentax, sounds perfectly fine as long as you impose a weight handicap to the voting system!
11-02-2014, 02:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
I beg to differ, the Voigtlander Macro APO-Lanthar 125mm f2.5 had serious cult status before it was discontinued in K-mount. The photos from that thing are sweeeeet!

As for other lenses being compared to pentax, sounds perfectly fine as long as you impose a weight handicap to the voting system!
I see. I only read an old review which said the IQ is not good for 125mm 2.5... But most of the current reviews /comparison are positive for sure.
11-02-2014, 03:31 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Soon it will change when ff comes out :-)
...a FF contest? like... shoot film FF to win digital FF?

11-02-2014, 03:44 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
...a FF contest? like... shoot film FF to win digital FF?
Great idea. Then I can finally have a chance to use my LX :-)
11-03-2014, 12:02 AM   #21
Forum Member

I see. I only read an old review which said the IQ is not good for 125mm 2.5... But most of the current reviews /comparison are positive for sure.
Voigtlander apo lanthar 125 IQ not good.... well if you got one please sell to me for 200 bucks. Even my sigma 70 or dfa 100 can match the legend lol and in singapore it is extinct and cost 3k for it
11-03-2014, 01:33 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've never seen a bad review or remark on the Voigtlander lens; perhaps you have over the years confused it in your mind with another lens. That's the reason it's value skyrocketed when discontinued--high demand, low supply. I've seen reviews comparing it to legends like the Bokina, and it always comes out on top.

11-03-2014, 04:42 AM   #23
Pentaxian

3rd party lenses still in production would make a short list...

Seb
11-03-2014, 04:59 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Which lens can challenge our beloved DA 15, DA* 300, FA 31 and FA 77mm seriously?
Well the Sigma 8-16 can easily beat the DA 15 ltd for sure. It's a lot sharper, especially in the corners. I still think it's weird for a prime to be less sharp then a zoom... which goes even wider! Then it was also cheaper, and much more quiet.

The FA 31 and FA 77 have their own unique characters, and can't really be "beaten".
11-03-2014, 05:00 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
I've never seen a bad review or remark on the Voigtlander lens; perhaps you have over the years confused it in your mind with another lens. That's the reason it's value skyrocketed when discontinued--high demand, low supply. I've seen reviews comparing it to legends like the Bokina, and it always comes out on top.
Haha. Now I understand why the price of this lens is incredible high now....
11-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by phoenixvision Quote
definitely that sigma 18-35 1.8 is at the top of every Pentaxian's wish list......perhaps the next contest?

I don't find it very alluring. Too big, AF problems, small range. Not that I'd reject a gift, but for my money I'd rather go for a couple of smallish primes in that range.
11-03-2014, 08:36 AM   #27
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's interesting that you can take a lot of lenses and it's arguably not that difficult to put a K mount or at least an M42 mount on them (Olympus, Nikon, Canon, etc).

So where do you draw the line? I'm sure ivanvernon would vote for his Canon 55 1.2 as the best Pentax lens ever But most of us will never get to use something like that.

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Well the Sigma 8-16 can easily beat the DA 15 ltd for sure. It's a lot sharper, especially in the corners. I still think it's weird for a prime to be less sharp then a zoom... which goes even wider! Then it was also cheaper, and much more quiet.
Does the 18-35 beat the beautiful color and microcontrast that makes the DA 15 such a loved lens? I've yet to see proof of that.
11-04-2014, 06:02 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
It's interesting that you can take a lot of lenses and it's arguably not that difficult to put a K mount or at least an M42 mount on them (Olympus, Nikon, Canon, etc).

So where do you draw the line? I'm sure ivanvernon would vote for his Canon 55 1.2 as the best Pentax lens ever But most of us will never get to use something like that.

Does the 18-35 beat the beautiful color and microcontrast that makes the DA 15 such a loved lens? I've yet to see proof of that.
ivanvernon only can vote once :-) We have so many voters here
11-04-2014, 06:22 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Hey, you are calling me out!!

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote

Hey guys:

As much as I am enjoying the Canon FD and FL 55s, I still voted for the 77 limited as the best Pentax lens.

Someone else suggested that I would have done better to buy a Sony NEX and adapter to use the FD and FL lens native without any modification. If so, I would also have an extra camera instead of a lens reworking bill! However, there is a certain feeling about seeing Canon FD/FL subverted to carrying water for Pentax!

ivan