Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-20-2008, 08:19 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Good Work. Thanks
Some lenses listed are NOT currently available....
Tamron and Sigma 70-200 are some I noticed

Last edited by gkopeliadis; 05-21-2008 at 12:33 AM.
05-20-2008, 09:10 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is really good work, cputeq.
05-20-2008, 12:02 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just posted a review of the Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, my default walkaround lens, after noticing from your chart that it has yet to be reviewed on the site. Just an fyi for future updates.

Great reference chart ... stuff like this makes me wonder why I didn't find this forum years ago. Of course, the chart will just feed my LBA, so perhaps its a mixed blessing.
05-21-2008, 04:12 AM   #19
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gkopeliadis Quote
Good Work. Thanks
Some lenses listed are NOT currently available....
Tamron and Sigma 70-200 are some I noticed
Yes, I warn of this in my first post

My logic is that since Adorama is offering the lenses for preorder, perhaps they're very near release? That's the only reason I'm including them in the listing. I'm certainly awaiting Pentax's 17-70 and 60-250 to show up on the list!

QuoteQuote:
I just posted a review of the Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, my default walkaround lens, after noticing from your chart that it has yet to be reviewed on the site. Just an fyi for future updates.
Thanks! I'll include this in the June edition I may have to review & include my Tamron 70-300 Di LD review also, as I didn't see one at the forums. Heck, I might even review the 18-55 mkII kit lens.

QuoteQuote:
Thanks for the continued great job.

As for Photozone.de foreign mount ratings... I've been aware of the problem. Why I proposed to put the final verdict optical rating in parenthesis only, no link. I thought it would still be better than no rating.

The reason why Photozone.de reviews aren't comparable is that the bodies are different. With Pentax they use a K10D. Resolution etc. will definiteley be body dependent. However, their final verdict optical rating should be relatively independent from the mount (mechanical rating includes HSM etc. and must be ignored).

In some cases the final verdict optical ratings differ, like in Pentax 18-250 (2.0/5) vs. Tamron 18-250 (3.0 in Canon, 2.5 in Nikon). However, then even Photozone is surprised and says for Pentax "a better copy would get 2.5". Therefore, Photozone itself is believing that the final verdict optical rating should be comparable across brands and mounts.

Anyway, whatever decision you take is fine with me.
Yes, I see your point. It could give us at least a rough estimation of the performance of that lens, even if not on Pentax. I will update June's listing to include Canikon reviews for those lenses not reviewed on a Pentax. I will also probably just link to the review, for completion's sake.

Thanks everyone for the compliments and esp. the tips and fixes! I find myself browsing this at work, since I'm military and some web sites are filtered

05-21-2008, 07:26 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cputeq Quote
My logic is that since Adorama is offering the lenses for preorder, perhaps they're very near release?
SIGMA APO 70-200mm F2.8 II EX DG MACRO HSM for Pentax is to be expected in June* and
Tamron SP AF70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD [IF] Macro in August*

*(with every reservation to company answers on such maters)
05-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe the Sigma 70-200/2.8 is an EX lens. Thanks for the efforts.
05-22-2008, 09:55 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Photography Knowledge Base

I herewith vote that the OP be copied into the

Pentax Photography Knowledge Base

forum, for easy reference. Either done by Adam or cputeq.

The Pentax Photography Knowledge Base post should keep a back link to this thread for continued discussion, though.

A question to Adam:

This forum supports the upload of image files and offers to link them in forum posts. Is the same possible (or can it made possible) with HTML files?

Meanwhile, I attached a PDF version of cputeq's lens spreadsheet for those which have trouble to browse the original.

Last edited by falconeye; 06-15-2011 at 05:28 AM.